Gibson Brands Forums

Pedals

kaleb

What are your favorite pedals? Cause Im getting my new pedalboard this week and I think Im gonna go with this configuration : Boss Tu-3, overdrive, Barber Trifecta Fuzz, Dunlop Crybaby, Ibanez Paul Gilbert AF-2 flanger, ORIGINAL 80s DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus, Keeley Phaser, and T Rex Replica delay. I need advice on an overdrive. Something between clean boost and super saturator. Im thinking Fulltone OCD, although that might be too high gain. Im thinking Barber Direct Drive. Pics would be cool, too.

What are your favorite pedals? Cause Im getting my new pedalboard this week and I think Im gonna go with this configuration : Boss Tu-3, overdrive, Barber Trifecta Fuzz, Dunlop Crybaby, Ibanez Paul Gilbert AF-2 flanger, ORIGINAL 80s DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus, Keeley Phaser, and T Rex Replica delay. I need advice on an overdrive. Something between clean boost and super saturator. Im thinking Fulltone OCD, although that might be too high gain. Im thinking Barber Direct Drive. Pics would be cool, too.

If you can, get your hands on an MXR Classic Overdrive. Some Guitar Centers still have them in stock, it was an exclusive deal with GC and they cost 30 bucks

Your TU3 should go after your fuzz and OD. I highly advise against putting a buffer pedal (not true bypass) before any pedals that act as an extension of your guitar's pickups. Also, hotter pedals first: Fuzz, distortion, then OD.

Awesome...how do you like the PG Flanger? I'm tempted to get one cuz Paul is one my top 5 fav guitarists.

Your TU3 should go after your fuzz and OD. I highly advise against putting a buffer pedal (not true bypass) before any pedals that act as an extension of your guitar's pickups. Also, hotter pedals first: Fuzz, distortion, then OD.

[thumbup]...Exactly right...I always stress hotter pedals first, and placing buffered pedals...great information to have.

I think you're supposed to put tuners first because they need a dry signal. The flanger is awesome, just don't run in into your effects loop. Id still like to try others though. Maybe an MXR M-117 and the EH Electric Mistress--- Hey speaking of Electro Harmonix do you find when you switch them on there is a volume drop? Cause' I was thinking about getting a Small Stone phaser and a Deluxe Memory Man---everyone says they affect your volume.

Your tuner doesn't have to go first. If you want a dry signal bypass the pedals before the tuner (assuming they're true bypass).

My favorite pedals are my Fuzz Factory, Super Hard on, and EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai.

Also I don't like to follow any "rules" when it comes to the order I put my pedals. I just do what sounds best with individual pedals. Everyone seems to say put the Fuzz Factory first.. I like it better after my SHO.

I saw the demo for the PG Flanger the other day. PG's a funny guy. I was cracking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkUfPUKilWI

I bought the "Get out of my yard" dvd today. Watched some. He is a super silly guy. Even had my kids entertained.

Speaking of pedals, I also bought the Kirk Hammett signature wah today. BIG difference between that and the Crybaby Original. That volume boost is nice. Much cleaner sound, and of course louder. I like it.

Still no one has the PG Flanger in stock. [angry]

I bought the "Get out of my yard" dvd today. Watched some. He is a super silly guy. Even had my kids entertained.

Speaking of pedals, I also bought the Kirk Hammett signature wah today. BIG difference between that and the Crybaby Original. That volume boost is nice. Much cleaner sound, and of course louder. I like it.

Still no one has the PG Flanger in stock. [angry]

I LOVE the Get Out Of My Yard album--I haven't seen the DVD yet, though. On the other hand, the Space Ship One disc, which I have seen, is excellent.

I LOVE the Get Out Of My Yard album--I haven't seen the DVD yet, though. On the other hand, the Space Ship One disc, which I have seen, is excellent.

SOB....I tried to order SS1 dvd thru Best Buy. It was on backorder but they never got it. I wasn't charged but I was pissed it never came in. Looks like I have to go thru Amazon.

I never thought I'd turn into a pedal nut/collector, but I did. Anyhoo, these are my current 2 favorite boxes:

3303.jpg

I Still have the one I bought new in 87.

I think I paid 50 or 75 dollars for it.

129.50?

you got a good deal, I was surfing around a week or two ago and googled 87 rat and the cheapest I could find one was 225USD.

...129.50? you got a good deal, I was surfing around a week or two ago and googled 87 rat and the cheapest I could find one was 225USD.

$129.50 is what the original owner paid. He sold it to me for $50. It's one of my best Craigslist scores!

I would like to give a Lovepedal a try, namely a Kalamazoo, but those are so god dang expensive. I don't have 400 bucks to spend on a pedal. Same goes for brands like Mad Professor, Pigtronix, Red Witch, Durham, HBE, Klon, etc, although they are some pretty rockin boxes, and ProGuitarShop tends to use them in their awesome videos. T Rex pedals are just at the fine line of my budget. All I want from them is a delay, as their overdrives don't really suit me ( more of a low end boost than a true gain boost--even with the distortion all the way up ). I would probably use their Dr Swamp, Mudhoney, or Greg Koch Gristle King if I was playing thru a Fender or a Vox. All of you are recommending Big Muffs and RATs and stuff, which are nice, but I play thru an already distorted amp, a 93' Peavey Prowler ( a 45 watt 1x12 combo w. EH 6L6gs and 12AX7As and an Emminence Tonespotter )---- NOT a high gain amp, but PERFECT for AC/DC style rock/blues. I always have the gain on 5, which sounds like a Plexi with 6L6s, and anything higher sounds to fuzzy ( pushes preamp tubes too much ), so I boost gain with a pedal. I need something that adds more gain but not anything as dirty as a distortion pedal. My options are Barber overdrives ( like the Direct Drive ), Fulltone OCD, and Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet. All three are handwired in the USA, true bypass, and reasonably priced. I just have to try one in person ( probably just the Fulltones----Barbers are hard to find in stores ). Hey Fred, you say you like Way Huge pedals? Try an old one ( if you havent ), cause' the new ones ( which are mass produced in the Far East ) just don't stack up to the old ones. I have never liked them ( not that they suck just that they aren't me ). As far as fuzz goes I am not a fan of the WH Swollen Pickle, or Fuzz Factory. Fuzzfaces are okay. My favorites are the old Gibson/Maestro Fuzz Tone from the 60s, MXR Fuzz 108, and the Barber Trifecta Fuzz ( which is the best fuzz I have ever heard---TIGHT bass, LOTS of mids, very articulate, and only $150! ). Also, keep opinions coming about the volume drop thing on the Electro Harmonix pedals. Also, delay opinions, too!

Archived