Gibson Brands Forums

Serious thread, your dream guitar

Silenced Fred

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tim might be on to something with the ABR-1 bridge though... If I can through one on without touching the posts I would do that.

I don't know why more people don't listen to me. [biggrin]

Faber ABR-N is what you need. I have two now and they look great compared to a Nashville. I had to fight with one but the other just dropped right on. Maybe my post spacing was slightly off?

I don't know why more people don't listen to me. [biggrin]

Faber ABR-N is what you need. I have two now and they look great compared to a Nashville. I had to fight with one but the other just dropped right on. Maybe my post spacing was slightly off?

I must have missed your Faber ABR-N post, never heard of it.... To be perfectly honest I don't mind the way the Nashville looks at all. The only reason I would make the switch is because the ABR-1 is much narrower than the Nashville and would allow me to crank the stop bar all the way down to the body of the guitar without the strings touching the edge of the bridge, which some say improves sustain...

• 1 month later...

Gibson finished tweaking the design for the ultimate guitar for me about 1940. The last change of note occurred in 1957 with the addition of Humbuckers, and the model remains unchanged to this day. I was 40 years old before I actually had enough disposable income to afford one. I would have to say that owning this instrument has made me the guitar player I am today.

5443050215_b98f88be2c.jpg

Gibson finished tweaking the design for the ultimate guitar for me about 1940. The last change of note occurred in 1957 with the addition of Humbuckers, and the model remains unchanged to this day. I was 40 years old before I actually had enough disposable income to afford one. I would have to say that owning this instrument has made me the guitar player I am today.

5443050215_b98f88be2c.jpg

sorry, i feel like i should know this, but what model is it? beautiful guitar btw!!! [thumbup]

Some real beauties on this thread.

I've been shifting, selling, buying over the last decade and pretty much have a nice specimen of most guitars I got GAS for. I know the traditionalists around here will flame me, but lately, I've been holding on, resisting a real bad case of GAS over this -

Custom Axcess - Floyd, BurstBucker 1 and 2, with treble tone/push-pull coil split.

cs003733_f.jpg. . .cs003733_t.jpg

Archived