Gibson Brands Forums

Old Un's V's Young Un's.....

pippy

How about a new sticky where folk can have a go at the elders/kiddies here without cluttering up other member's perfectly good threads?

We could call it something like the "Oh Yeah?! You Gonna Come Outside and Say That ?" thread.

Jus' Sayin'.......

:)

P.

Unfortunately not everyone can be like me.. I have the wisdom of an old person paired with the sexiness of a (particularly good looking) young person.

While we're at it let's make a Dub appreciation sticky.

But yeah seriously the fighting is getting old.

The only thing you have in common with old people is you forget a lot [laugh]

I agree to stop taking shots at others in other peoples' threads.

Of course, that won't stop the veiled inflammatory remarks directed at me without mentioning me by name.

You know, the good old "some members __________" or "certain users ________" where someone's calling me out without mentioning me explicitly. I hate those types of things.

I ought to just take a Midol or lay off the caffeine. Or maybe it's time for my nap. [rolleyes][cursing][glare] I really hate those kinds of remarks. But I guess I deserve them, right? Because I'm a d*ck, right?

And, of course, I'll never get back whatever respect I once had here. Not that I ever had any to begin with. I'm just a troll, I guess.

You know, I submit that age isn't the real issue here, and it's just a defense used by one or both parties in any argument in which one party happens to be substantially older than another. You know, the older ones claiming that the younger are just refuting their point because they "don't respect authority," and the younger ones accusing the older of not taking him seriously because he's "just a kid." I really don't think age is the motivating factor behind these fights. More often than not it's a lot of bullsh*t written out by one party--usually me--and it doesn't have anything to do with age.

You know, I submit that age isn't the real issue here, and it's just a defense used by one or both parties in any argument in which one party happens to be substantially older than another. You know, the older ones claiming that the younger are just refuting their point because they "don't respect authority," and the younger ones accusing the older of not taking him seriously because he's "just a kid." I really don't think age is the motivating factor behind these fights. More often than not it's a lot of bullsh*t written out by one party--usually me--and it doesn't have anything to do with age.

I completely agree.

The rancher unloaded a brand spanking new bull for his herd. He opened the gate and turned him loose in the pasture. The young, untried stud caught a whiff of what he came for. He followed his nose to the top of a knoll where stood the venerable old bull who'd been taking care of business for nigh on to 5 years. Down in the valley, were 200 head of cows grazing.

After the usual pleasantries, the young bull pawed the ground said to the older bull, "What do you say we run down there and ... kiss a couple of them cows." [woot] To which the older, wiser bull replied, "Hold on there young buck. Why don't we just walk down there and kiss 'em all?" [sneaky]

The crux of the problem as I see it? :-k

(If you don't care to know, then fxcking click elsewhere and DO NOT presume to piss in my ear...)

Not so much an age issue overall, though maturity only seems to matter to SOME people. [rolleyes]

1. A thread gets started in the Lounge.

(Not in the Dark Fire/Dusk Tiger/Robot/Fireturd X threads. Not in a serious R-9 versus Clapton sig thread...)

2. The subject is Lounge-appropriate, something offbeat or humorous, maybe thought-provoking.

3. The Title and sub-title clearly indicate the thread contains something outside the norm.

4. Every forum member has the freedom and opportunity to read it - or not.

5. Every forum member has the option to post in the thread if they feel something can be added by them.

6. If the thread is somehow offensive, EVERY forum member has the option to send a PM to the scribe or Mod Squad.

7. INSTEAD, forum members use the anonymity of the web to post things that would likely get them hurt in person.

8. Like "Liquid Courage" from alcohol, a keyboard enables people to dispense with etiquette and suffer no effects.

9. Once such a turd has been tossed into the forum punchbowl, the posturing begins in defense of it.

10. I don't which pisses me off more - people old enough to know better, or unsupervised kids who NEVER will.

Disagree with me?

Fine.

Prove me wrong if you can (so I'm even smarter...) [flapper]

Or simply click elsewhere - like I do with 98% of the threads here.

I know the temptation to display one's derrier, or unique brand of "wit" can be too much to resist.

Then hiding behind the Mod Squad like a Kindergartener hiding behind the teacher's skirt probably suits you.

$.02 from some guy on the internet. [woot]

I agree to stop taking shots at others in other peoples' threads.

Of course, that won't stop the veiled inflammatory remarks directed at me without mentioning me by name.

You know, the good old "some members __________" or "certain users ________" where someone's calling me out without mentioning me explicitly. I hate those types of things.

I ought to just take a Midol or lay off the caffeine. Or maybe it's time for my nap. [rolleyes][cursing][glare] I really hate those kinds of remarks. But I guess I deserve them, right? Because I'm a d*ck, right?

And, of course, I'll never get back whatever respect I once had here. Not that I ever had any to begin with. I'm just a troll, I guess.

Whoa! XDK it's just a internet guitar forum and in the big picture really doesn't matter much.

We don't need no stickies here, heck we had a sticky like that when I was a young kid. Back then if you wanted a sticky you had to walk five miles through the snow uphill, in fact it was uphill both ways and that was just to get the dang sticky. That's the problem with these forum posters today if they want a sticky they just come right out and ask for one - and so on... [flapper]

Age and maturity have little to do with each other.

What's the cut off age? I'm almost 30 (eek....2 months away). Yeah, I can't say either is preferable. I like some of the "older folks" and some of the "yung'ins." There are also a couple "older folks" and "yung'ins" I don't care for.

Moving along...............

I like turtles. And Guitars.

Anyone who stand on age as a "Proving Point" either has no argument to stand on, or they just can't get the point across to an immovable point of view and blame the other persons age. Either way, once the conversation gets segregated by something as superficial as age it's destine for a bad end. You might as well be saying, "you're wrong because you live on the coast." or "I'm right because I have greener eyes." Basically, "Just trust me, I'm right and you're wrong."

Archived