Gibson Brands Forums

Rod Stewart has EIGHTH child - at 60

NeoConMan

Yea, the first time he did it I thought..."Ok... it's cool he's paying respect to his influences...." After about the 4th all I could say was.."WHY?"

Maybe he likes that kind of music..Like when Jimi Hendrix told a interviewer he wanted to be the next Sinatra...

Rod is at a place in his career where he can record what he wants to..he has nothing to prove and unlike many rockers he seems to be comfortable in his own skin...if he wants to cover Caruso he can and no record producer has the juice to stop him....In that regard he reminds me of Ray Charles who after establishing himself as a R&B artist went into Rock, Country & Western and anywhere he wanted to...

Good for him and good for us....both of these artist have the capacity do bring their fan base to appreciate a form of music they other wise would never listen to....

Personally I am glad there is more then one form of music in this world.....

Well, I'm sure I'll be criticized for this opinion but the whole thing seems a bit selfish to me. Did he give any thought to the child in this situation? So when Rod is 70, his kid is going to be 10. Is that fair? Basically, the kid is growing up without a father. And for what? So that Rod can prove he's still 'got it'? [thumbdn]

Well, I'm sure I'll be criticized for this opinion but the whole thing seems a bit selfish to me. Did he give any thought to the child in this situation? So when Rod is 70, his kid is going to be 10. Is that fair? Basically, the kid is growing up without a father. And for what? So that Rod can prove he's still 'got it'? [thumbdn]

Good point...

It's the 'rock'n roll' ethos

Mature man...younger woman

Often in cahoots

I usually pity the children of 'stars' anyway

How to live up to a dubious role model...

V....(Serious for 5 mins)

[unsure] [unsure] [unsure]

:-({|=

People are living longer these days. Who says he will die at 70 and leave the child fatherless?

(BTW, he's 66 so if he dies at 70 the child would only be about 4).

Another thought... perhaps his wife wanted another child (their second). Not everyone wants their

children to grow up as only children (especially when the father is forecasted to die in 4 years).

I kinda get what you're saying but it's not like these sort of guys actually raise their own kids anyway. They pay people to do that for them. :rolleyes:

....and if Rod sucked the soul and life out of Beverly Sills work the way he does this classic I wouldn't be impressed with that either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt2sOV3xd2k

Mainly because I know what he's capable of ..

Archived