Gibson Brands Forums

gibson forum

S t e v e

when i first joined the gibson forum for the first few weeks i only entered the "les paul" sub forum as i owned les paul's, but for over a year now when i log on i go straight to the lounge and hardly if ever visit the other sub forums (i did yesterday). what i'm thinking is...would it be a good idea to merge all the forums into one place so that it's just a plain and simple "gibson lounge" rather than (the lounge), (les paul), (SG), (firebirdx)...ect?

what are your thoughts?

As for all the guitar-specific sub-forums, I think people probably enjoy hanging out and conversing within their certain guitar 'group' - and when there's more general stuff, that's what the Lounge is for.

When I was looking into buying my SG, it was great to be able to go right to that forum and scroll back through the pages if threads.

As for all the guitar-specific sub-forums, I think people probably enjoy hanging out and conversing within their certain guitar 'group' - and when there's more general stuff, that's what the Lounge is for.

Agreed. I only go to the forums where I have some interest. I don't own a Flying V, have no plans to own one, so I don't go there (nothing against V's or their owners/fans).

As for the "if it ain't broke" thing, I'm with you. That and the fact that a couple of other boards I'm on use the same format, it keeps things simpler for me this way.

I read more in the Guitar Specific forums than post. Simple fact is I know more about Fenders than Gibsons, but I got tired of reciting Strat Specs and Fender history over at the Fender Forum and The Gibson Lounge has more real players (of all skill levels) than the Fender Lounge did.

I'd rather discuss Music than Guitar Specs.

I read more in the Guitar Specific forums than post. Simple fact is I know more about Fenders than Gibsons, but I got tired of reciting Strat Specs and Fender history over at the Fender Forum and The Gibson Lounge has more real players (of all skill levels) than the Fender Lounge did.

I'd rather discuss Music than Guitar Specs.

What he said!

I am a "view new content" guy, for I have interest in many facets of guitars and guitar playing, but I voted "no, it's more organized like this".

It seems to me, most people come here to talk in/learn from more specific categories, so the separations are probably warranted.

I didn't vote because I'm undecided.

I would keep the lounge separate as an "off topic" forum but would probably want separate forums for

• Electrics
  • Acoustics
  • Mandolin and other non-guitar strings
  • Amps

But it really doesn't matter too much to me, I'm just glad the forum is here so I can talk to my guitar buddies.

Notes ♫

I fully agree with all of the above......This is the first WEB SITE I joined......The only forums I belong to are music and law related.......Out of neccessity, I belong to quite a few sites and forums now..

It took me time to learn the 'etiquette'....I hope I have learned to be positive and avoid offending anyone !! Slowly, I've visited all of the other Gibby forums here, and they are well thought out in the

large picture of things....Epi Lounge for the Epi folks, mandolin sec for those folks, etc etc....And I do notice how a lot of you guys visit the other subforums as well.....

The lounge is just fine the way that it is........and it rocks and rolls with all kinds of good info, fun, and comradeship...........

Archived