Gibson Brands Forums

The Official What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread...

ShredAstaire

This weeks regular rotation: Mark Selby- More Storms Comin'; Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush- Live; Sixpence None the Richer-unknown Album Name- don't have the jewel case; Silvercrow- five songs I'm working on.

Next week- Humble Pie-if I can find a CD, have non at the moment...

Brian

Shooting at home all day so dug out some vinyl.

Started off with a pair of Leon Redbone albums ('Double Time' and 'From Branch to Branch') but then felt in a Brian May mood...

...so I listened to Queen II; Sheer Heart Attack; A Night at the Opera and A Day at the Races in chronological order.

I had forgotten about May's lovely 15 sec break from around the 01:40 mark on this one. Not flashy, just Delicious Playing.

P.

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Meeting of the spirits

A live edition, nonetheless. John McLaughlin amazes me. To me, he's the ultimate EDS-1275 player. John would use a double-neck for an entire show, somehow. I can do it, too, but I'm bothered by the notorious neck-dive only, as the weight is pretty good.

I fully agree with you on John McLaughlin. His early 70's musical ventures with his EDS 1275 were a career highpoint. His Shakti stuff is incredible too. I wish the original Mahavishnu Orchestra would have stayed together longer.

To keep to the thread, I'm currently at work listening to the sound of a vending machine [crying]