Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson.. wtf

Silenced Fred

Ah, M.F. shows a MSRP of $2699.00, and a selling price of $1649.00.................so, um..................

I have never wanted a Firebird until now........I'll be getting one of these, at a discount as well..................

Of course I can't say for how much.....Lounge Rules.........................[scared] ..

No ****. But a higher MSRP generally means a higher real world price.

You heard it here first

Yeah its around a 4 grand diffrence, the MSRP thing is used my tons of comapnys. So they feel like they are getting their moneys worth.

Yeah its around a 4 grand diffrence, the MSRP thing is used my tons of comapnys. So they feel like they are getting their moneys worth.

My first wife came with a high MSRP........I got her at a steep discount, and let her go for a song !!!!!!!!!!!!! [scared][flapper][thumbup] .......

False alarm. Just a typo on Gibson's page. The MSRP is 2299 or something like that. If you click on the link it fixes itself, but that page is wrong

Hey, false advertisement! They (yes, whoever "they" are) should give each one of us who caught this, a free Firebird. .... *ahem*

Uh... Yeah I *cough* noticed that too. You guys can vouch for me right?![unsure][biggrin]

With the Gibson Firebirds at that high a price I'm quite content to stick with my Epi Custom Shop Sunburst Firebird V that was only $500 and sounds just like my buddy's mid 60s S.G.However if someone were to offer me a Firebird VII I wouldn't turn it down after all that is my dream guitar ever since I saw Brian Jones playing one on the Ed Sullivan show.

The MSRP has been like that for a long time now....just a typo..you can get em anywhere for 1650$ I got mine from AMS 1600$ shipped that I just,in fact, finished paying off today!....(w000t) Just watched the "The Pretender" video by the Foo Fighters and David Grohl is playing my exact Firebird..thought it was kinda cool...My Firebird is the only guitar that I string with 12's and really dig it, great blues, classic rock machine. [thumbup]

Now I just need to finish paying off my Martin and Explorer [thumbdn]

The MSRP has been like that for a long time now....just a typo..you can get em anywhere for 1650$ I got mine from AMS 1600$ shipped that I just,in fact, finished paying off today!....(w000t) Just watched the "The Pretender" video by the Foo Fighters and David Grohl is playing my exact Firebird..thought it was kinda cool...My Firebird is the only guitar that I string with 12's and really dig it, great blues, classic rock machine. [thumbup]

Now I just need to finish paying off my Martin and Explorer [thumbdn]

I'm gassin hard for a black 'bird. I love me some Mini Humbuckers.

I'm so torn, I want a semi hollow, I want an SG and I want a Firebird, its just a matter of which one first

I'm gassin hard for a black 'bird. I love me some Mini Humbuckers.

I'm so torn, I want a semi hollow, I want an SG and I want a Firebird, its just a matter of which one first

that's a toughy Nate....Me personally, If i were in your position, I'd probably go with a nice Gibby Semi-Hollow..Would love a nice Sunburst Custom ES-339 or 137.... [thumbup]

Guest Gibson Dev

screen-capture-11.png

So a USA standard is more expensive than a Custom Shop? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Thank you for catching that. The price has been updated on the product listing page to reflect the correct MSRP. Please help keep us notified should you run across any additional discrepancies on our site. The optimal location to report these types of errors is via the Talk2Us page at http://www2.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx and select "Webmaster" as the department to send your comments to.

Regards,

Chris

Archived