Gibson Brands Forums

best NGD ever...

chase1410

well guys I had a very great day...My local Guitar Store Russo's was having a preffered customer sale today, and I decided I've had enough with fumblin around with my firebird...its the only Gibson that has given me playability problems...So I went there and came out with a Fender Custom Shop Custom Deluxe Telecaster...this is the best guitar I have ever owned and am very greatful to the people at Russo's who helped me get it..I spent two hours there, working out a deal, because they wanted to give me a Custom Shop.. I traded in a couple amps as well, but werent digging them near as much as my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe..I only have a couple pics as of now, more to come!

206296_1944393617478_1471628963_2171034_5891564_n.jpg

207584_1944393857484_1471628963_2171035_7760523_n.jpg

(Better Pics)

1509800854_0007.jpg

1509800854_0010.jpg

1509800854_0031.jpg

1509800854_0030.jpg

1509800854_0001.jpg

thanks alot guys..the playability on this guitar is INSANE..plays like butter and the pups are incredible...really loving it..Only concern is that I have to move part of the lining away in the case to get the guitar in...Are all fender cases like that so its a snug fit? I have to push the lining in to get the neck and last tuner in..

... Only concern is that I have to move part of the lining away in the case to get the guitar in...Are all fender cases like that so its a snug fit? I have to push the lining in to get the neck and last tuner in.

If it's like mine, you put the headstock into the case closer to the gear compartment so the headstock can slide under the retaining lip.

BTW, that's is a real looker. [thumbup]

Is that figuring I see on the maple neck ?

If it's like mine, you put the headstock into the case closer to the gear compartment so the headstock can slide under the retaining lip.

BTW, that's is a real looker. [thumbup]

Is that figuring I see on the maple neck ?

Yeap good then I'm pretty sure its right, does sometimes the last tuner get in the way if your not careful?...and yes it has a lovely figured neck..one of my favorite features of this guitar..thanks alot!

Thanks everybody for the kind words, I really appreciate it, I would shoot a video but have no recorder to do so...I will try to do an audio clip in the next day or two and try to not to make a complete fool out of my self... :rolleyes:

Thanks alot guys..I've been having a great time with it...Its been a while, having a guitar with SC's and even then it was no where near what I have now...It's amazing how all the little nuances and character of the sound comes through..its defintley a change but a welcomed one.. The neck is actually pretty small, but fits my big hands like a tea..I can wrap my whole hand around it. and use my thumb basically everywhere on the fretboard when needed...All in all its just a great guitar, and am blessed to have come home with one...

Now I just need a CS Strat, Es-335 ,PRS Santana/Private Stock and a Carvin....and of course an amp for each...I'm only down to one amp now! [flapper]

As the saying goes, if it suits you, it tickles me plumb to death.

That's the important thing, though, if you're happy and feel you have a deal.

Also, good on the tight case. If you're careful about putting the thing in the case, it's far better to have a tight-fitting one than otherwise where the guitar can flop around.

m

Archived