Gibson Brands Forums

PRS Private Stock Custom 24 Hand Selected Spalted Maple

rocketman

Wow! Thats cool! I love spalted maple especially on telecasters!

Are you getting this one Rocketman?

I wish but no. I got a 25th Anniversary Custom 24 PRS about 6 months ago. My next purchase will be a Tele.

It's not bound - - that strip of wood is just not stained (taped off).

Gorgeous guitar. [thumbup]

Oh my, thank you......That makes so much sense.................and simple........................Thank you.......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .............

It's not bound - - that strip of wood is just not stained (taped off).

Yeah my PRS is the same way. Mine is much more subtle but I love it. You can barely see it this picture (I'll see if I can take a better picture):

prs_l_side.jpg

Not for everyone you say? I don't know about that.

We all have what we call our "type" of women we find attractive, but there are some women that are so fine looking they are everyones type. I think that guitar might fit that catagory.

I doubt given the oppertunity to spend some time alone with that guitar, something's gonna happen.

Not for everyone you say? I don't know about that.

We all have what we call our "type" of women we find attractive, but there are some women that are so fine looking they are everyones type. I think that guitar might fit that catagory.

I doubt given the oppertunity to spend some time alone with that guitar, something's gonna happen.

Some players don't like fancy tops etc.......I do, along with plain jane geetars.......I agree Stein, that some guitars, like this one, are so awe inspiring on their own that how can it not inspire creativity ?????????

I love PRS but not those two...yuck.

You guys realize that Private Stock is probably an $7,000 guitar. Would you pay that much money for that guitar?

No, I would not......Spalted maple is not rare......I'm suprised the top is not book matched.......I have a M.K. guitar with a solid spalted maple top

which is book matched, and it cost me around 400.00..

Nope but I do like looking at their Private Stock...

Yeah, same here......I still want a PRS at some point in time.......

Can someone tell me about that binding, and how and why it's able to show the wood grain ????

In many cases it's not binding and that the wood edge of the top is left bare that can be done and often is, but you can also use wooden binding not just bare wood but a different piece of wood used as binding instead of plastic. As an example i have some gorgeous Koa that I made in to binding and have used it on several acoustic guitars now. Plastic binding is great because it's soft and protects guitars and is easy to work with but I almost always hand bend wood binding for guitars just because it's so good looking.

Archived