Gibson Brands Forums

the royal wedding

pete c

Lord or Lady+Your Grandmother or Grandfather's name+Your Pet's name + the name of the street you grew up on= your royal wedding name.

"Lord Frank Mika Blair"

That is all.

Lord Victor Ajax Hartley

Its disgusting how many Americans are enchanted by this garbage. I thought we told the king what we thought of him about 230 years ago!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lord or Lady+Your Grandmother or Grandfather's name+Your Pet's name + the name of the street you grew up on= your royal wedding name.

"Lord Frank Mika Blair"

That is all.

Lady Sarah Ben Connelly

Wow, I sound important!

Edit: I have two mothers.... long story... and two pets, so the other one would be....

Lady Mona Booboo Tamihi

I'll be sitting at the back of the church with names like that [biggrin]

I am Welsh by my roots, but English born. You know what? I get goosebumps hearing the English national anthem EVERY time, especially at football matches...and I am indifferent to Royalty, I just love the culture of England and Great Britain...

Shakespeare, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Dickens, Pink Floyd, Benjamin Britten, Elgar, Walton, Dylan Thomas, James Bond, Eric Clapton, Harry Potter, Julian Bream, Anthony Hopkins even damn Oasis!!! LOL - the list just goes on and on - and that is what the U.K is about to me (and many others now), these people define all the best things in us, i.e - Art, Culture and free thinking. The country is so diverse ethnically and so large in size (an estimated 70 million citizens) it is amazing we get along as well as we do msp_thumbup.gif

So yes - the Royalty sucks in some respects (I agree with what karen says) - and like all ex/current world powers have made wrong decisions; but we are all the better for it now. I wouldn't change being British for anything.

Is this video over the top? (yes irony)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hIE0vKQf6w

On a lighter note....

This upcoming Royal wedding is a uniquely British pageant

An opportunity to demonstrate to the world how centuries of lineage

Show their face to the world in the 21st century

My one anxiety, as expressed earlier, is regarding the £M's cost to our taxpayers

In these straitened economic times

Putting on my cynical hat for one moment....

A very good looking Royal couple somehow catches the public imagination

To a greater extent.....

V

:-({|=

I'm a Royalist. I think it's good for the country. I think the Queen is the best head of state the world has ever seen.

I'm not so sure of Charles. Perhaps it should 'jump' one and William be King. I certainly don't agree with the hangers on.

What would we be without a Monarch? An Islamic state?

Spoken like a true Brit, I can even hear **** Van Dyke as the reading voice too msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

oh the irony, we are discussing freedom, Royalty etc and the word **** is automatically censored.

What if there is a Richard on site who like to be called ****?? msp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gif Poor guy, he will feel persecuted!! I bet it doesn't edit the word penis, just the word d-i-c-k LMAO

Yes, the 'word police', who of course do not exist

Can make writing the most straightforward of sentences an irritation

And yes, I tend to write in an appropriate voice over accent

Shirt and tie for Royal matters

Bad sneakers for Rock'n Roll

Gandhi loin cloth when offering sympathy.....

V

It must be horrible in the UK.

Cause its ****ing horrible here in NY, i hear about it on TV about every time commeircals go on. Also lets mention the fact i never watch tv. <_<

America thinks its annoying...Its major annoying over here in Australia, Every channel is booked out for the Royal Wedding, there is absolutely nothing to watch, talk shows just keep repeating the same stuff over and over..i think i have heard the tv a thousand times question who the maker of the dress will be, No One Cares who makes the dress, half the people dont even care about the UK monarchy...I just wanna watch TV, even right now on TV there counting down to the wedding. Its ridiculous.

You dudes there on this last page are so totally british. This is a totally British page.

If you went to some parts of London where people didn't speak middle class English you may get a Vinnie Jones look a like saying "Bollocks you fuc*king yanky" LOL

Yep like most Americans I don't get the royal family at all seems like a waste of space and money all the way around. At least we rotate our leaders I can't imagine watching them toter around in circles forever. But Im happy for all you englishman if your happy.

Although no Americans should tease the english about their leaders I guess, look what we have over here can you imagine Sarah Palin as queen?

The hype is relentless here in the uk tabloids, but it isn't too bad in the other papers.

My dad is very anti Royalist and grumpy about the Royals, so as we are not watching it (and to give me mum a break from his 'grumpitis') am going to make a pasta meal and take his mind off it LOL. When I think about it I don't think anyone I have met who is British who cares about it that much. But this will be good for our economy re the other countries visiting (an estimated one million plus tourists coming to London)

Matt

Matt, I love how you always find the silver lining... [biggrin]

Even your badassas have impeccable manners.

Actually I agree, he is always polite about the damages he inflicts on people, I'll give him that msp_biggrin.gif

Matt, I love how you always find the silver lining... [biggrin]

Yes, a quality that sometime makes friend when we are lost, all their money has gone missing or there is a huge delay want to kill me! I am a but like Johnny Depp's Ed Wood, always optimistic! msp_flapper.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_scared.gif

Yep like most Americans I don't get the royal family at all seems like a waste of space and money all the way around. At least we rotate our leaders I can't imagine watching them toter around in circles forever. But Im happy for all you englishman if your happy.

Although no Americans should tease the english about their leaders I guess, look what we have over here can you imagine Sarah Palin as queen?

Our leaders are rotated. Like you have a president, we have a prime minister whose party runs the country, just like your good selves . We just cannot 'shake off' the Queen and the Royal family. She attends things, gives people Knighthoods, speaks out on national things, costs a lot of money, but in fairness makes money for people who love seeing her palace etc... but she is not the leader like you mean.

I think a good Royal sausaging could possibly cheer her up a little, who knows...:)

p.s I think Roger Lewis would be the man for the job

IMO the bottom line here....

There are so few positive stories around in the media at present

They have seized upon the Royal wedding

And, as usual have no self control

The UK media IMO is both the best and the worst in the world

And those images from UK reporters etc nowadays get flashed across the world in an instant

On a serious note....

I wish the couple every happiness

As my heart goes out to them as they lose every vestige of the privacy we all take for granted.....

V

I gotta say, for me, in a media driven society where "if it bleeds it leads" is the order of the day, I find it refreshing that we can focus on a positive for a change.

I second the wishes for a life of love and happiness for the couple!

Archived