Gibson Brands Forums

the royal wedding

pete c

I could care less, in fact I just do not understand what media see's as important new worthy and whats not. Japan is still in their crises with that reactor yet this stupid wedding has higher billing. Or what about the weather in Mississippi and Alabama yesterday? Many killed and loads of property damage and that took second billing to the wedding? Gas in Mexico is still half of what we pay yet its still a low news item.

i think it's BECAUSE of all the crap happening in the world atm we needed a feelgood moment...and us brits got that today [thumbup]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it's BECAUSE of all the crap happening in the world atm we needed a feelgood moment...and us brits got that today [thumbup]

That's a good point there.

We don't tend to get any good news anymore, and I don't think that only bad things happen. Good things happen, too.

I gotta say, for me, in a media driven society where "if it bleeds it leads" is the order of the day, I find it refreshing that we can focus on a positive for a change.

I second the wishes for a life of love and happiness for the couple!

Agree 100%. If it wasn't for the wedding coverage, we'd be getting more coverage of our Royal Idiot, Donald Trump.

Quote from a friend on FB:

"Today, Kate Middleton achieved every young girl's dream: she married the balding, 28-year old son of divorced parents who lives at home."

[laugh]

One way to look at it..But sure.

Gives us hope.

But how do they collect unemployment if they don't work?

I'm happy for them, gotta say that. The positive is nice, never really gave it much of a thought.

I was about to leave to go off to school and I saw them in the open carriage, I sat and watched for a second, couldn't help but think of JFK.

Aren't they lucky to be having their wedding right now, it seems there's nothing else going on in the World so all the news agencies could cover it incessantly. Not like there's anything happening in...let's say....Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, Virginia and Louisiana.

Or this Peach I found on Reuters..A federal judge on Friday ruled that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers can blow up a Mississippi River levee, which would flood Missouri farmland but prevent the flooding of an Illinois town.

I sure hope the The Royals have a Wonderful Full life devoid of marital issues.

Fantastic!!

My wife's mate's lad (16 years old) is a bit of a 'Del boy' (entrepreneur) and bought 20 Royal Wedding programmes for £2 each a little while back.

So far he has 8 left and £900 profit. He has been flogging them on ebay to mostly American buyers msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

you have to admire that kind of business savvy from someone so young, I suspect great things from him when he gets older msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

I would like to offer my congrats to the new royal couple. They should take a nice, romantic, but very fast drive to the Pont de l'Alma road tunnel in Paris for their honeymoon.

Thats the most ignorant and totally out of line comment I have ever seen posted on the site..ever.

i'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who was hoping for a nipple slip at the wedding today...god the Queen is sexy!!

I don't think a nipple slip can happen with Kate. She's not very well endowed. As for the Queen. Mmm???

I would like to offer my congrats to the new royal couple. They should take a nice, romantic, but very fast drive to the Pont de l'Alma road tunnel in Paris for their honeymoon.

You should be ashamed. This is in incredibly bad taste.

This isn't even remotely humourous and deeply offensive.

I've got to say that I loved every minute of it. Whatever you think about the pros and cons of a monarchy, ours is the envy of the world and no other country can put a show on like we can.

Long to reign over us................that'll do for me.

I think a high speed honeymoon hell ride for the Royal Couple would be lovely! Why, Elton John could be the chauffeur. Oh dear, excuse me -- SIR Elton John!

The mind-numbing stupidity of the Royal Wedding

The hours of breathless coverage about Britain's monarchy played into our collective serf mentality

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/2011/04/29/william_and_kate_tv_coverage

Archived