Gibson Brands Forums

who's an SG FAN? me baby me

I think when people get into relationships they'd best recognize they're getting a package deal. Something bugs you - or her - now, it's likely to cause more problems down the road.

Just a cynical old man saying that, of course, but I believe it's true.

m

i'm addicted to my Gibbie, and I don't know what to do, oh wait a minute, yes i do, keep playing. No matter what my girlfriend thinks, if guitar wasn't in my life, I might be in jail by now!!!!!

Me too.

AP4255587c.jpg

Oops...

Sorry.... in ways I've gotta go with the hollow archtop.

But...

In winter... it stayed home and the 1970s Guild SG "clone" went out to play instead.

<grin> I'd say the SG is the ideal solidbody. But I'll admit to a huge personal prejudice along those lines.

m

I think when people get into relationships they'd best recognize they're getting a package deal. Something bugs you - or her - now, it's likely to cause more problems down the road.

m

I don't care HOW old you are, you are wise beyond your years !

Oops...

Sorry.... in ways I've gotta go with the hollow archtop.

But...

In winter... it stayed home and the 1970s Guild SG "clone" went out to play instead.

<grin> I'd say the SG is the ideal solidbody. But I'll admit to a huge personal prejudice along those lines.

m

I to have a large prejudice, with my SG being my first electric. I will admit, if there's one tone i've never been able to achieve with my SG, it's been the sound of a clean archtop. They have all the best qualities of the acoustics and electrics tone wise.

Me too.

AP4255587c.jpg

Not fair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna play anymore..............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Smokes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have one now but the first guitar I ever bought was an SG. I didn't even play guitar at the time, I just loved it. The guitar player in my band when I was in high school played an SG, I was the drummer, and he and that SG made a great couple... [biggrin]

My 71

71SGsexyview.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

such groovy SGs........dear LORD SG Jones, my mama's gotta drop me off at YOUR house for a play-date someday.... [biggrin]

I only have 1 Gibson SG, but i'm posting all 4 because I love 'em, and they all SOUND really good.

GarysCam171.jpg

GarysCam180.jpg

GarysCam047.jpg

GarysCam174.jpg

and gone but not forgotten

elecoak1.jpg

now that i've gone 1st.....let's see those "cheap" SGs too!!

m

Milod, you're absolutely right. The last relationship I was in with a woman, she was constantly bugged about my having to deal with my ex-wife. Well, duh! I had

a child (daughter) with that woman, the ex-wife, i.e., and I owe her support. I also need to make sure (teach by example) my daughter respects and honors her mother

on special occasions (Mother's Day, Mom's birthday, Christmas, and whatever) despite the divorce between her mother and me. The other woman I was seeing for some

time (two years) resented that I was doing that thinking I was still in love with my ex-wife (which I'm not, but I want my daughter to be respectful to her as I

aforementioned). She brought this up one too many times and I saw that this would be a thorn in my side if I kept going on in the relationship. So I had to let

her go. She appreciated my music and all, but as you said, I have to look at the whole package, and having been married before, when I see those tell-tale warning

signs in a relationship, I end it. I don't need the aggravation anymore. Life is tough enough as it is without someone else dragging you down.

So now that extra cash I got as a bonus at work this year instead of spending it on her, I bought a brand new Gibson SG-Standard and

I'm loving it. [thumbup]

The one in my avatar says it all. My SG with the P-90s is, to me, the ultimate tone machine, and happily, one of the best deals in a Gibson. I did have a Les Paul Standard, but I sold it: I just always reached for my SG. If I buy another electric, it will be a '61 Reissue.

I used to tease that girls are like guitars... (think SG or Hummingbird) - a beautiful shape and fun to be with.

But there are strings attached.

The thing is, something along the lines of the reverse of that statement also is true.

m

Archived