Gibson Brands Forums

What if you could only use one pedal brand?

Kimbabig

What if your board had to have all pedals of the same brand, which brand would you choose and why?

Hmmm.... that a rought one. I would pick either Line6 because of the range of sounds they get or Electro Harmonix because they are so damn freaky. My favorite pedals or all are TC Electronic but they don't make a POG.

It'd have to be a brand with a wide range of good stuff so counting new and old I'd probly go with EHX.

Although it'd suck to do that.

I guess I could go for like Skreddy too. Nice fuzz, od, and delay. Empress?

That's a tough one. I like mixin and matching so....

Hmmmm... I'm a **** so I would find a nice pedal clone builder so he can build me a clone of anything [biggrin]

Seriously though, I would probably either go with EHX, EQD or Devi Ever. My sound all boils down to a very meat and potatoes thing, yeah I have a delay, yeah I have a vibe pedal, but I can do everything without it and to me, good fuzz sounds are more important because they would get used more.

I like to mix and match as well, so it would kill me to do that

Wampler, Strymon, BJF, or Skreddy

Wampler has a pedal for about everything, and they have all gotten rave reviews...BJF is considered the best of best by some, but there so expensive and hard to come by now adays its almost impossible to have a whole pedalboard of em...Skreddy too.

Wampler, Strymon, BJF, or Skreddy

Wampler has a pedal for about everything, and they have all gotten rave reviews...BJF is considered the best of best by some, but there so expensive and hard to come by now adays its almost impossible to have a whole pedalboard of em...Skreddy too.

Have you tried any Mad Professor or Skreddy pedals? I'm pretty interested in them.

I can't wait to get my hands on my Skreddy.

Have you tried any Mad Professor or Skreddy pedals? I'm pretty interested in them.

I can't wait to get my hands on my Skreddy.

lol great minds think alike...Mad Professor was gonna be my next choice if I didn't choose BMF...but there handwired pedals are so damn expensive!...but you get what you pay for..I'm gettin me an EL Cap in a week..I sure hope there still in stock till then..they just got em back in..

ZVEX easy choice love there pedals and the look - I have thought about doing one of the all Zvex custom painted boards for a while I just can't convince myself it's worth the cost- Pretty cool though here is one with a ocean scene about 4k to 6k though from what I have seen.

zvexboard.jpg

ZVEX easy choice love there pedals and the look - I have thought about doing one of the all Zvex custom painted boards for a while I just can't convince myself it's worth the cost- Pretty cool though here is one with a ocean scene about 4k to 6k though from what I have seen.

zvexboard.jpg

What if you don't like the order of the pedals?

lol great minds think alike...Mad Professor was gonna be my next choice if I didn't choose BMF...but there handwired pedals are so damn expensive!...but you get what you pay for..I'm gettin me an EL Cap in a week..I sure hope there still in stock till then..they just got em back in..

I haven't tried any of the Mad Professor pedals but they sound sooo good in the demos. Yeah they are pricey.

I hope they don't run out on you. Good luck getting one I'm sure you'll love it. I reeeeeeally love mine.

Retro that was my first thought actually but I didn't say it because Zvex doesn't have any delay. I'm hooked on delay. I would like a loop junky though.

Probably the whole Jim Dunlop family: Dunlop. MXR, and Way Huge. A Green Rhino, M-117 Flanger, and a Crybaby would do quite nicely!

Fulltone is another option too. They have good dirt pedals and wahs--thats my two main concerns.

Archived