Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

lagerfanny

...... its my birthday tomorrow and brought this but couldn't wait another day so unboxed it this morning [rolleyes]

Its a <deep breath> Squier Classic Vibe Tele 50's in Butterscotch Blonde.

The fit and finish is simply fantastic quality that really does amaze. She plays very nice and is more a 'hard strummimg chord guitar' than my Explorer. If that makes sense. Pine body with Maple neck. Anyway here's some pic's.

DSC_5041648x968.jpg

DSC_5038648x968.jpg

DSC_5035968x648.jpg

Beautiful......I'd love one.....The use of pine is interesting; Fender has a pine Strat out...hmmmm....

Squire workmanship can be very fine....Congrats...

Pine was originally used for Telecaster, the prototype is pine I believe. He ditched it quickly, too hard to make good for paint, too sappy. It is interesting to see them using it again.

rct

Looks great congrats.... [thumbup] I don't know much about Fenders.... Is Squire to Fender as Epi is to Gibson?

That's a pretty good analogy. However, the Classic Vibe series are exceptionally well made guitars. Almost, if not equal to American Fenders and that's no exageration. I'd take one over a MIM any day. My friend has 3 Classic Vibe Tele's and CV Strat and probably paid as much as he would if he bought one American Fender. He bought the first one new, and after he found out how great it was, he found the others used on CL for a steal.

Congratz lagerfanny on a great deal [thumbup]

Looks great congrats.... [thumbup] I don't know much about Fenders.... Is Squire to Fender as Epi is to Gibson?

Pretty much, except I think they tend to be even cheaper then an Epi, price wise that is. The guitar manager dude from the L&M I go into all the time was stating that Squires are there best selling entry point guitar for quality and cost.

That's a pretty good analogy. However, the Classic Vibe series are exceptionally well made guitars. Almost, if not equal to American Fenders and that's no exageration.

I would have to agree there. I think my CV Tele is just as good as any US Fender I've played. The guitar sales guy I deal with at L&M told me a lot of guys with "collections like yours" are buying CV Fenders.

Pine was originally used for Telecaster, the prototype is pine I believe. He ditched it quickly, too hard to make good for paint, too sappy. It is interesting to see them using it again.

rct

Unusual.

The prototype would have been a Broadcaster - the original name of the Telecaster (which wasn't used until after trademark tussle and the "Nocaster").

Archived