Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore - Dust My Broom

Gilliangirl

No idea, but...

Karen, you're not going electric, are you? <grin>

m

LOL I am not going electric. A friend of mine has an SG and was baffled by this video so I told him I'd post it on the G forum. Nope, I still prefer my acoustics [thumbup]

Hmmmm....Maybe I should switch to a glass slide from my homemade copper slide and start wearin' it on my last finger instead of my ring finger? Anyways, some of that rapid midrange probably came from a TS-808. Gary loved the Tube Screamer. I play an Sg, and I sure as hell don't get that sound, maybe because my amp is very Mark II-esq and sounds nothing like a British amp.

I agree with CB, tube amp being over driven and that bottle neck slide gives him that tone. It probably would not matter what pickup he used, I'll bet he could get that sound out of anything he plays.

Karen you could play that glass slice on your acoustic.

Thank you everyone for the responses. It sure is a great video!

Gill, believe it or not, one day last year I tried playing slide on my acoustics with the top of a lipstick tube. It was fun but I sounded real bad. Like, bad as in bad, not bad as in good LOL!

Karen...

Back in the olden days I had a metal lipstick case "top" I used on my left pinkie finger for slide. My little sis made the donation. I didn't know they still made metal ones.

As I recall I used a G tuning, then the chords were essentially the same as on a banjo with a G tuning; slide on the pinkie, then you could finger chords and add the slide for the fancy stuff.

Kinda fun. With a lotta the old acoustic blues type slide I think the deal often was as above... a combination of fingers and slide.

m

Archived