New amp.

LarryUK

socal3.jpg

socal.jpg

socal.jpg

I've just won this on Ebay.

Its a Grainger 50 head and cab.

It's a re badged Epiphone So-Cal 50.

I got it for clean sounds so it'll be ok. It's valve and can be run at 25 watts.

Only paid £122! Not bad.

Anyone got a manual for it?

Guest farnsbarns

That sounds like a sweet deal. Not sure how that converts to Canadian dollars and too lazy to look it up but I'm sure that's a 50 watt half stack for under $500 CAN.

Less than half that. What a steel! Well done, sound clips when it arrives.

It's on my van. I'll get it in later. I want a manual because the footswitch doesn't work. I've just opened it and the wiring looks ok.

I'll have to test it. I'm going to get an amp switcher now and run it with my H&K Matrix. We'll see how it goes.

7de63172.jpg

Well. I've got it home and it sounds ok. Only problem is, the footswitch doest work right. You need to pull the jack back out a bit for it to work. I wonder if the jack has been replaced and the new one doesn't match?

For some reason, they've taken the badges off too. I've wondered if the grill would look better in chrome or white?

On a plus point. I emailed Gibson about the manual and I've received one in PDF form today. Good one Gibson.

I need to get it into a big room to give it a good test now.

Great deal. Could be just a bad pot on the footswitch or bad cord for the footswitch..but none the less, great deal

I've never seen an amp footswitch with a pot on it.

So is that amp modded at all or is it just a rebranded Epi? Sounds like a cool deal either way.

How does the amp sound?

Archived