Gibson Brands Forums

Man I just got told off on YouTube

duane v

Some guy has been sending me messages over the last week about doing a Youtube Maggie May guitar solo lesson.... My first reply was sending him a youtube link of another player giving the lesson.

Second message.... He came back and stated "it didn't sound close to the original." I stated back, "non of them do, and that includes my demo."

Third message..... He came back and stated..... "Why are you so stubborn and refuse to help other guitar players that can use some help?" I reply: "I don't have the patience to teach guitar, nor do I have any desire to give lesson... Sorry."

Last message.... This is where it goes bad and his last message..... "Sir, you are a disservice to the guitar community, and it's egomaniac a-holes like you that should have their hands cut-off, since they only serve a purpose for your own benefit."

[scared] ..... I didn't respond after that..... but I'm thinking I should do something for poor lad [confused]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farnsbarns

I don't get it, he was complaining that you hadn't posted a lesson? I'm confused.

Edit: ok I'm a little tired, I get it. I often find that insulting someone after asking for an unreasonable level of help from someone who I don't know and owes me nothing helps. Not.

Tough guy with a keyboard. I get stuff like that all the time on my YouTube videos. I'm one of the only pickup makers that will actually show people how it's all done and I regularly get accused of hiding the real secrets or not giving enough detail.

brats.. :blink:

I don't get it, he was complaining that you hadn't posted a lesson? I'm confused.

Edit: ok I'm a little tired, I get it. I often find that insulting someone after asking for an unreasonable level of help from someone who I don't know and owes me nothing helps. Not.

I'm fine with someone being pissed at me [biggrin] .... But the comment of "having my hands cut off" did shake me a little [unsure]

Tought guy with a keyboard. I get stuff like that all the time on my YouTube videos. I'm one of the only pickups makers that will actually show people how it's all done and I regularly get accused of hiding the real secrets or not giving enough detail.

brats.. :blink:

Start telling them crap like, I magnetize the pole pieces by holding a Seance with priests of several different religions, or beeswax potting reduces buzz. *insert rimshot*

You were right NOT to respond, Duane. You're not paid to give lessons, on YouTube,

and have no obligation, whatsoever, to do that. That person seems quite "entitled,"

and frankly, somewhat unstable, to me. I'd avoid any contact, in the future, with

him, at all...IMHO.

CB

You were right NOT to respond, Duane. You're not paid to give lessons, on YouTube,

and have no obligation, whatsoever, to do that. That person seems quite "entitled,"

and frankly, somewhat unstable, to me. I'd avoid any contact, in the future, with

him, at all...IMHO.

CB

Ya.... I'm considering that as well [scared] .....

There are some really unstable characters on the web these days [confused]

Report him to Youtube. They'll take care of his sorry @ss.

Don't worry Duane. He just another worthless human being trying to get something for nothing.

No they wont, someone once told me they get over 70,000 reports a day. They aint going to do ****.

I wouldn't do a damn thing to help this guy. Regardless of what you do he won't be happy! It will start a non-stop cycle of expectations. DON'T DO IT!!! NO GOOD WILL COME OF IT!!!!

Andy

Duane...

I'm with Andy on this one. If you do anything to please him, it almost certainly won't be enough.

That's today's "interactive media." There are advantages to such interactiveness, and there are disadvantages. You've run smack dab into one disadvantage.

It's also why I was told once, now nearly 46 years ago, after taking crap from some letter-writers to the newspaper where I worked: "Don't worry sunshine, if they ain't *****in', they ain't readin'."

In retrospect, that photographer friend pretty well nailed it.

m

Duane...

I'm with Andy on this one. If you do anything to please him, it almost certainly won't be enough.

That's today's "interactive media." There are advantages to such interactiveness, and there are disadvantages. You've run smack dab into one disadvantage.

It's also why I was told once, now nearly 46 years ago, after taking crap from some letter-writers to the newspaper where I worked: "Don't worry sunshine, if they ain't *****in', they ain't readin'."

In retrospect, that photographer friend pretty well nailed it.

m

Archived