Gibson Brands Forums

Got $995 for pickups?

dem00n

That's quite a sum for pickups, I would like to have a chance to try them firsthand to hear how big of a difference it is. Decide which pickup you're putting in the Washburn?

No i havent decided yet, still thinking.

I really do want to try these pups those, though they look lke they should go on a R9

No i havent decided yet, still thinking.

I really do want to try these pups those, though they look like they should go on a R9

I wonder what guitar/s this pick up would suit? I think marrying together the right pick up, with the right guitar, is no easy task!

Matt

Geeze... "Is it copper or froozen silver?" Honestly, can anybody tell the differnce? Do your audience even care?

We spend so much emphasis and money on items that "appear" to improve "tone". I'd rather spend more time in practice; after all, creative music is in the soul and fingers of the player and not from froozen silver pickups.

I'm waiting for humbuckers with diamond studed poles for that crisp clean sound... ha ha ha. :lol:

Geeze... "Is it copper or froozen silver?" Honestly, can anybody tell the differnce? Do your audience even care?

We spend so much emphasis and money on items that "appear" to improve "tone". I'd rather spend more time in practice; after all, creative music is in the soul and fingers of the player and not from froozen silver pickups.

I'm waiting for humbuckers with diamond studed poles for that crisp clean sound... ha ha ha. :lol:

If there's a market for these, I'm starting my own line as follows:

[1] All wire will be genuine Gibson pickup wire that has been unwound from pickups made before1960; pickups from instruments owned by famous players will be used whenever possible;

[2] All bobbins will be made with exotic tonewood salvaged from vintage instruments and carved out one bite at a time by shipworms (AMERICAN shipworms, not Asian ones);

[3] The bobbin will be potted with candle wax recovered from the alter at the Vatican;

[4] The bobbin tape will be made of pure silk selected for its tonal qualities, and glued with gum made from the bones of Kentucky Derby winners;

[4] All pole pieces will be made of metal previously used in the space program, melted in a 500 year-old handmade kiln, and re-forged by Japanese master sword makers;

[6 ] Each finished pickup will be fitted to a guitar, on which Jimmy Page will personally play the into to "Whole Lott Love" before they are removed and shipped.

You know they've going to make you sound better! I'm thinking of a street price of $8,499.98

If there's a market for these, I'm starting my own line as follows:

[1] All wire will be genuine Gibson pickup wire that has been unwound from pickups made before1960; pickups from instruments owned by famous players will be used whenever possible;

[2] All bobbins will be made with exotic tonewood salvaged from vintage instruments and carved out one bite at a time by shipworms (AMERICAN shipworms, not Asian ones);

[3] The bobbin will be potted with candle wax recovered from the alter at the Vatican;

[4] The bobbin tape will be made of pure silk selected for its tonal qualities, and glued with gum made from the bones of Kentucky Derby winners;

[4] All pole pieces will be made of metal previously used in the space program, melted in a 500 year-old handmade kiln, and re-forged by Japanese master sword makers;

[6 ] Each finished pickup will be fitted to a guitar, on which Jimmy Page will personally play the into to "Whole Lott Love" before they are removed and shipped.

You know they've going to make you sound better! I'm thinking of a street price of $8,499.98

Sad thing is, someone would probably buy it.

Archived