Gibson Brands Forums

Do Americans find this funny?

LarryUK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now let's say I'm in a meeting at work and a female accidentally let one cut loose during the meeting, then I would probably giggle a bit [biggrin]

"Giggle", Dude, I would be rolling on the conference room floor.

But remember, my sense humor is below sophomoric. =D>

When you can't laugh at farting. You've become old and boring.

<snip the vid>

Even Simon Cowell moans. Buy you can see he's trying not to laugh.

This is the same show that Susan Boyle was found on.

LMFAO! . . . This guy is a British national treasure!! . . . [laugh]. . . [lol]. . . [laugh]. . . [lol]

You know that guys sitting behind the stage before every show inflating his *** with compressed air.

is that how they do it? i was wondering about the finer technical details of how this was achieved..i wonder where the motivation and inspiration comes from for these artists? [confused] [confused] [confused]

Well... Benj. Franklin wrote on the subject. <grin>

Seriously, it's pretty much a matter of childhood humor most popular, I think, among pre-teens. But there's a universal appeal if done appropriately for an audience/age group.

Burping/belching is pretty much ditto.

The old "slapstick" humor - most folks nowadays don't even know whence came that term, though - is a physical humor that seems timeless because it's something all humans can appreciate almost without regard to age or degree of sophistication.

My own sense of humor tends to be "adult" in the sense that I dearly love puns and allusions to other circumstances that kids just plain don't get. It ain't "dirty" in any sense, but sometimes you've gotta be old enough to remember what's being alluded to.

OTOH, I personally think the first vid is a sort of crudity I don't care for at all.

Still... <grin> In a shortened version...

m

m

But do you find it funny? [flapper]

Yes, extremely funny. One thing I appreciate about British humor is the excessive silliness. Look at Benny Hill or Monty Python. Every situation is so absurdly fake you cannot help but laugh.

What's the funniest American show at the moment?

Don't know if this counts since it had it's final run about six months ago, but I always thought The Whitest Kids You Know was pretty funny. Very much in the tradition of Kids In the Hall and The State. Bored To Death is great too and that starts its new season in a few weeks. Stars Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson, and my Greek brother Zach Galifianakis.

What about the baked beans scene from Blazing Saddles?

Now that was Hi Larious.

It served a purpose, it was in context and it is a guy thing. Doing it in green spandex as a solo act, on stage, with what appears to be a greased ... bung hole, is just gratuitous flatulence.

Somewhat more Hi Larious is watching Blazing Saddles on network TV with the farting noise edited out, just crickets chirping and horses braying. As they all raise up or lean to the side, you KNOW what it is they are doing, you just can't hear it. Makes you think when you see guys shift in the pew at church on Sunday. [lol] In the states we call that S.B.D. Silent, But Deadly.

Archived