Gibson Brands Forums

All My Rowdy Friends

Californiaman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the interview? While I admit to not knowing much about Hank Williams Jr., but he sounds drunk or messed up on something. He can barely get words out of his mouth. Is this how he always talks?

One thing I'd like to point out is that even Gretchen Carlson tried to create some distance between Williams' comments and the show's hosts. You know you're digging a deep hole when that happens.

Did you see the interview? While I admit to not knowing much about Hank Williams Jr., but he sounds drunk or messed up on something. He can barely get words out of his mouth. Is this how he always talks?

One thing I'd like to point out is that even Gretchen Carlson tried to create some distance between Williams' comments and the show's hosts. You know you're digging a deep hole when that happens.

Yeah, it was weird. He kept switching up words and ****.

My vote is hillbilly heroin Oxycontin and bourbon.

It's pretty much his modus operandi. I don't think he's had a sober moment in a long time. I've heard he can play any instrument you can find on stage like a demon completely blitzed out of his mind.

It's pretty much his modus operandi. I don't think he's had a sober moment in a long time. I've heard he can play any instrument you can find on stage like a demon completely blitzed out of his mind.

I am jealous. More that three beers and I am worthless on any instrument.

Hank's never been much of one to hide his feelings, and as everyone does, he exaggerates things sometimes...

the media also tends to blow things out of proportion.

Hank was no doubt "tore up" and obviously picked a bad time & place to let it fly, but who among us hasn't said something "very off the cuff" and wished we'd kept it to ourselves, or held it 'til the right time & place???

lets let it go folks.......

Hank's never been much of one to hide his feelings, and as everyone does, he exaggerates things sometimes...

the media also tends to blow things out of proportion.

Hank was no doubt "tore up" and obviously picked a bad time & place to let it fly, but who among us hasn't said something "very off the cuff" and wished we'd kept it to ourselves, or held it 'til the right time & place???

lets let it go folks.......

I was going to let this go, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this should not be ignored.

Public figures who are put in front of the media should expect to be held to a higher standard. Hank Jr. can be a scumbag in private, but he does nothing but incite hatred when he makes irresponsible statements in that type of forum. It is good that he is paying the price.

Regardless of my opinion of Hank's statement, (or level of sobriety), I still find it ironic that a major media outlet, who lives and dies on the Constitutional amendments of 'freedom of speech' and 'freedom of the press', will openly 'discipline' someone who says something they don't agree with. One would think that being forever thought of as an idiot by the millions of viewers watching would be punishment enough. :unsure:

You gotta hand it to Hank Jr on his apology - from his website -

“Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme – but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me – how ludicrous that pairing was. They’re polar opposites and it made no sense. They don’t see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the President.”

“Every time the media brings up the tea party it’s painted as racist and extremists – but there’s never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons… Working class people are hurting – and it doesn’t seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job – it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change.” – Hank Williams, Jr.

Later he added another bit -

“I have always been very passionate about Politics and Sports and this time it got the Best or Worst of me. The thought of the Leaders of both Parties Jukin and High Fiven on a Golf course, while so many Families are Struggling to get by simply made me Boil over and make a Dumb statement and I am very Sorry if it Offended anyone. I would like to Thank all my supporters. This was Not written by some Publicist.” — Hank Williams Jr

Archived