Gibson Brands Forums

Post pics of your rig

This_Dying_Soul

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet rig. [thumbup] I love The sound of Vox amps. Even my old solid state one had a great tone, it just wasn't loud enough. [unsure]

The one in my pic is an AC15VR hybrid amp (Tube preamp and solid state power amp, not a modelling amp). I was going to sell it but since I got the chorus pedal, I decided to use it to take advantage of the stereo outs. [biggrin]

Thanks dude. I love the sound of the vox amps too and I agree that even the solid state ones sound good. I don't like the ones with all kinds of effects and stuff but the little solid state ac15 and ac30s are surprisingly good sounding.

My buddies and I rented a little studio room by the hour to jam in and they had a little solid state ac15. I plugged the Tele straight in and rocked out the whole night and it was great. I mean that amp actually sounded really nice. It had a sweet little crunch. I'd still take my regular ac30 over it but for the price and it being a solid state amp I was pretty blown away.

good stuff guys.....

my newest rig

GarysCam243.jpg

sorry about the terrible pic......as I type this a custom cut tweed 2x12" cab is being built for the Blues Jr..

This lil amp sounds great regardless of what guitar I play thru it.

sans pedals here....guitar,cable,amp,me

Thanks dude. I love the sound of the vox amps too and I agree that even the solid state ones sound good. I don't like the ones with all kinds of effects and stuff but the little solid state ac15 and ac30s are surprisingly good sounding.

My buddies and I rented a little studio room by the hour to jam in and they had a little solid state ac15. I plugged the Tele straight in and rocked out the whole night and it was great. I mean that amp actually sounded really nice. It had a sweet little crunch. I'd still take my regular ac30 over it but for the price and it being a solid state amp I was pretty blown away.

Yeah, my little solid state Vox had the effects... they sucked but I loved the amp models in it - if only it would have been loud enough... but then so far they still haven't perfected the replication of tube behavior in a solid state format yet. Either way, when you don't get to have your amp of choice, I usually pray that if I'm provided with a solid state amp they at least have a Vox.

good stuff guys.....

my newest rig

GarysCam243.jpg

sorry about the terrible pic......as I type this a custom cut tweed 2x12" cab is being built for the Blues Jr..

This lil amp sounds great regardless of what guitar I play thru it.

sans pedals here....guitar,cable,amp,me

Love those little Blues Junior's. Almost got one when I bought my Traynor.

oil-rig.jpg

Ohhhh....

LMAO!

Rig

P5140092h.jpg

Another Vox user... and a great looking doubleneck. I'm so tempted to run out to Long & McQuade to snatch up the EDS they have there - looks exactly like yours, but I know when I get back home with it, I'll be castrated. :unsure:

Actually my wife isn't that bad - she bought me the strat [biggrin] in my pic and she didn't freak out when I bought the Les Paul [thumbup] , she helped me pick out the Gretsch :-s and she suggested I buy the SG [biggrin] (because she knew I'd wanted one since I was a highschool kid). But considering the Strat is barely 2 weeks old, she'd kill me. [scared]

Missing a couple of the guitars and not showing any pedals.

IMG-20110422-00154.jpg

This setup is ideal for me.

A buddy is threatening to bring over his drum kit.

A friend took some hi res pics last Saturday but I don't have copies yet. My photo was taken with my Blackberry.

Hahaha I have one of those rogue mando's. I really would love to just play all acoustic and just sell all my electric guitars, amps and pedals.

Mine has knobs and PAFs.......These cheap mandis work, and are fun as well..........

KoT ugh jealous, think I have probably another year and a half before I get to the head of the line on the waiting list. What's the unmarked red pedal? You hiding WMDs in there boy?

It's a Ts808, but it doesn't sound like a Ts808, it's cleaner, I use it mainly as a treble boost.

Archived