Gibson Brands Forums

Steve Jobs

grampa

What a legacy and also what an inspiring man...

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Matt

While the man truly was a genius and an innovator, I can't say that I'm gonna miss him a whole lot. It's too bad the Apple pirate ship didn't go down with its captain.

Jesus man...

Westboro is going to protest his funeral. They sent out the notification this morning on twitter... via iPhone [confused]

Jesus man...

Westboro is going to protest his funeral. They sent out the notification this morning on twitter... via iPhone [confused]

Oh good lord I hope you're kidding. Rarely does the death of a famous person affect me like this one and I don't even have any of his products. I heard someone suggest that because of how he transformed communication that he is more worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize than most who get one. He was truly one of the great persons of our time.

The military families that the Westboro scum has spewed their bile at have been polite but I wouldn't expect the Apple folks to be so polite.

Show some respect you foolish boy. [thumbdn] Keep these kind of thoughts to yourself. This is a thread to show respect and to pay tribute.

RIP Mr Jobs...you did some sick things with that company. You were a true innovator and will be missed.

Jesus man...

Flame all you want. Doesn't change my opinion, nor does it affect me in any way. devil.gif

R.I.P Steve Jobs, you were a visionary that found a way to peddle shiny crap to the masses without them realizing they had been ripped off.

For once Steve, I actually agree with you on something! msp_thumbup.gif

Apple always has been a very polarizing brand. People either love them or hate them. Most of Apple's peers (Microsoft, Google, etc.) would LOVE to be in the same position.

Steve Jobs was a "Rock Star" CEO: you can't ignore him or all that he was able to create, like it or not.

RIP Steve, and thanks for everything!

Apple always has been a very polarizing brand. People either love them or hate them. Most of Apple's peers (Microsoft, Google, etc.) would LOVE to be in the same position.

Steve Jobs was a "Rock Star" CEO: you can't ignore him or all that he was able to create, like it or not.

RIP Steve, and thanks for everything!

Yeah, I don't get why the polarization aspect would make somebody glad that Steve Jobs is dead. There must be some sick muthas out there.

Why is it that Apple used to be the cool system to own cos you were anti Microsoft. As soon as they got huge and integrated their systems with Microsoft people started to tear them down. I have had Iphones since the 3 came out. (Australia never got the phones pre Iphone 3) and I have and will unless something major changes keep using them I have worked for a telco for 10 years in a cell phone division. I have seen more motorolla nokia and Sony Ericson come back than Iphones ever. The most common issue with the iphone was screen cracking due to mishandling. Samsung have the same issue. I have a friend who has had his Samsung a week and has 3 viruses on it. I have got the Ipad 2 (which I admit has been a let down the iphone does the same things) and just bought a mac book pro I wont be going back to windows. to upgrade my current windows system to 7 would cost me around $275 for a OS upgrade on apple $31.00

The system is arguably quicker and more stable I havent had it lock up in the 2 months yet. And its much more intuitive.

Rest in Peace Steve

Never said I didn't respect the guy. He was a genius. He invented or helped to invent some of the most used technology in today's computers. When Xerox said that the mouse was a useless invention, Steve Jobs took the idea and expanded on it and now almost every computer in the world has a mouse. He also took the idea for the GUI from Xerox, made it his own, and created the modern computer desktop. After seeing this, Bill Gates saw that the GUI and mouse were going to be the way of the future and made Windows. So a lot of Bill Gates' ideas were literally stolen straight from Steve Jobs. The man was a true innovator and probably one of the smartest men of our time.

My original post in this thread only threw hate at Apple. I respect the man but not his company.

Never said I didn't respect the guy. He was a genius. He invented or helped to invent some of the most used technology in today's computers. When Xerox said that the mouse was a useless invention, Steve Jobs took the idea and expanded on it and now almost every computer in the world has a mouse. He also took the idea for the GUI from Xerox, made it his own, and created the modern computer desktop. After seeing this, Bill Gates saw that the GUI and mouse were going to be the way of the future and made Windows. So a lot of Bill Gates' ideas were literally stolen straight from Steve Jobs. The man was a true innovator and probably one of the smartest men of our time.

My original post in this thread only threw hate at Apple. I respect the man but not his company.

Pretty hard to dig yourself out of a hole when you in the bottom of it.

Archived