Gibson Brands Forums

is it too early to put up the christmas tree?

S t e v e

I thought I was early (November the 25th) but October the 7th WOW!!! HA HA - wont the kids be all hyped up for months to come if it goes up now Steve?

Matt

we only have one child, 7 yr old boy and i can keep him locked in the bedroom... [biggrin]

i wanna put it up but the missus says NO... :huh:

A bunch of years ago I ran into an acqaintance I hadn't seen in a long time and he suggested we go to a pub to catch up. I was game, so he led the way to a pub nestled in a hotel I'd never been to.

It was called The Christmas Place. Here it was Christmas 24/7 all year long. Completely decorated and decked out for the Holiday plus a jukebox playing nothing but Christmas music. Most importantly, the spirit here was in season and contagious (BTW, it was the middle of July). We had a great time there.

So I say, go right ahead and put it up.

IMO, it's never the wrong time to celebrate Christmas.

The way things are going around here, pretty soon this Holiday will be minimized to some predetermined point "so as not to offend anyone". [thumbdn]

i wanna put it up but the missus says NO... :huh:

Yes, IMHO, I say put it up......Put the tree up, hang pumpkins from it, and test each bulb by poking it with a fresh bananna......

In my opinion? Yes. I believe Canadians at least should wait until after November 11th for Remembrance Day as a sign of respect.

Once Canadians like myself have paid their respects to service men and women from past and present then we should begin our holiday season.

In my ideal little world, no retailers would be allowed to put up Christmas stuff until November 12th and putting up decorations would be a faux pas.

The reason should be clear, but I think doing this sets an example of how important the sacrifices made in the past and the sacrifices made by service men and women now should be the subject of deep reflection for all ages. I believe this would be a good way to convey it.

You can't put it up until after Thanksgiving. But, it's okay to take last year's tree down now.

I remember walking into a house and they still had their completely decorated Christmas tree up in September, I wasn't sure if they were too lazy to take it down or if they really liked Christmas.

Archived