Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

damian

Fender 2006 HW-1 Strat......Like new......Hardly played....Well done three piece body, no veneer.....

Thin nitro finish...well done...Nice large 70s headstock....Mint guitar, lovely pickups, "jumbo" frets.......

This will be on many recordings.....Lovely guitar...Wife approved..............................well,

I told her I bought it, and that it was on it's way...She thought I was kidding, as an S.G. is also on it's way...:rolleyes:[flapper] :unsure: [sneaky][scared][lol] ......

HW-1Strat003.jpg

Thank you Stein........I had some savings (not kicked in yet) from moving my storage...I'll PM or E-mail you soon 'bout that...

Thanks for playing compliment....means a lot to me....Gotta get back playing after all this stress B.S. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...

Thank you Stein........I had some savings (not kicked in yet) from moving my storage...I'll PM or E-mail you soon 'bout that...

Thanks for playing compliment....means a lot to me....Gotta get back playing after all this stress B.S. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...

That gives me hope you are in a position to get a few axes (however "affordable").

I been SERVED by the hospital, and I may win or loose. They are coming at me from all sides.

I may have to sell a few axes.

Can never go wrong with a Strat. I think it's the best guitar out there for the price. I love mine and it gets a lot of use. I also have a MIM one. It's not bad but not close to the MIA one. Anyhow, congrats on a fine purchase!

Thank you Rocketman......it's always good to hear from a guitar brainiac like you.......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .......

Thank you Tazz, demoon, and Kimbabig.........You guys rock.........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ..

MIA Strats really do make MIM Strats feel like toys.....

( I'll e-mail you in a bit Stein )

It's true, if it's MIA, there's just something different about them. Most of the MIM's can't hold a candle to them. Not just the Am Standard or Am Deluxe or other higher end MIA production models, but the Am Special or Highway 1's too.

I read somewhere that the lighter strats typically have a more desirable tone and better resonance.

I found this to be untrue with the Am Deluxes I tried the other week when I got my Strat. The lighter ones were too twangy for my liking. Maybe for a country or rockabilly guitarist or maybe a surf guitarist this would be fine, but I took a heavier guitar because I liked the tone more... it was a more full bodied tone. I guess since when I think of a strat I hear Hendrix or SRV that heavier strat was closer to that sound then the lighter ones...or possibly because most of my life I've played humbucker guitars, most of which were set neck or neck-thru models, so my ears are tuned into thicker beefier tones.

All I can say is I can't wait for my next string change. I'm putting a set of 10's on this thing.

Archived