Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you guys were having a lot of fun.

Right on.

Thanks - yeah - we try to get together in a rehearsal room once a month and just have loud fun. It would be great to practice more and really get tight - we have actually written a few "almost proper" songs with lyrics - but 3 out of 4 of us have kids, ranging from babies to late teens, and it is a 2 and half hour drive each way for me, so that is unlikely any time soon. Still, once a month the Marshall gets revved up, and off we go!

My very first venture into the public domain.

Be gentle but be honest.

A short acoustic sample

http://soundcloud.co...little-neilish1

Bluesy

http://soundcloud.co...de-2/gary-moore

Please have a listen. I welcome constructive critisism.

Thanks

Very cool - I like the acoustic NY thing. My acoustic playing sucks even more than my electric - hearing this made me fancy having another go at it.... well done!

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY enjoyed that!!

Great recording!! [thumbup]

Really nice Rob,

I like the way you added the harmony. How did you do that and is that a Fender Passport you are running through? If so, how do like it and which model is it?

Really nice Rob,

I like the way you added the harmony. How did you do that and is that a Fender Passport you are running through? If so, how do like it and which model is it?

Thanks.

That's the 300 Pro. I was afraid to get the 500 since it's bigger and heavier.

I got a Harmonizer. I heard Krassi use one, and I asked him what it was...he told me, and I got the exact same one he uses. TC-Helicon H1.

I run the mic into it, and then from it to the PA.

I mic the guitar into an amp, (because I don't have the right cables), and mic the amp to another input on the harmonizer, and from the harmonizer to the PA.

That way the harmonizer can determine what key I'm playing in from the guitar input.

Is that clear as mud?

Thanks.

That's the 300 Pro. I was afraid to get the 500 since it's bigger and heavier.

I got a Harmonizer. I heard Krassi use one, and I asked him what it was...he told me, and I got the exact same one he uses. TC-Helicon H1.

I run the mic into it, and then from it to the PA.

I mic the guitar into an amp, (because I don't have the right cables), and mic the amp to another input on the harmonizer, and from the harmonizer to the PA.

That way the harmonizer can determine what key I'm playing in from the guitar input.

Is that clear as mud?

Actually, I think I do understand.

Thanks for the PA info. That is one piece of the puzzle I don't have yet. I have access to a Yamaha Stagepass 150 from work that I've brought home but find it underpowered. I only want to be able to have 2 or 3 mics, a piano in and 1/8 sterio in (laptop) and an out for recording.

Dave

Actually, I think I do understand.

Thanks for the PA info. That is one piece of the puzzle I don't have yet. I have access to a Yamaha Stagepass 150 from work that I've brought home but find it underpowered. I only want to be able to have 2 or 3 mics, a piano in and 1/8 sterio in (laptop) and an out for recording.

Dave

I think ol' Fred has a 300 amp Stagepass..... I will play on it in August....and I'll have my Passport there too....we'll be playin' outside, so we'll get an indea just what they're each capable of!

I've found the 300 Pro to be fine....so far..... but I don't play out.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived