Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude what a way to start the day !!! That playing and a cup o' joe were perfect together [thumbup] Nice riff,nice guitar,loved the 'pissed off' look when you started getting into it.Please have another vid up by tomorrow morn 6 am est. lol,kiddin.Good job.

Thanks man [biggrin]

So heres a track ive been working on.. not finished yet, still some fine tuning on the mixing to do and still to add vocals, lead bits and arpeggios.. hopefully soon... Its (strangley for me) quite a slow tune that will make more sense when I do the vocals... but is better when the electrics kick in (of course :)) (oh and the drums will probably change a bit too)

See what you reckon [unsure]

http://soundcloud.com/rabs2012/loveotr-v3

Ive finally got around to doing some more work on this track..

Ive added vocals [unsure] which ive done as it needed them, but i am no vocalist.. I know how to sing and can (mostly) sing in tune but I find that I just cant stand hearing my own voice and cant listen to it objectivly, I find the tone of my voice to be dull. But who cares right, its not like I do this to be famous, just cos I enjoy it and like to practice recording and editing (so I hope I dont hurt anyones ears if people listen to it :P)

Still some more mixing to do and im thinking about changinig a few parts.. But see what you reckon [unsure] I put these up here as I think constructive critisim helps drive me to make it better. So however it makes you feel feel free to tell me what you think.. I can take it :P

http://soundcloud.com/rabs2012/loveotr-v8-wvocals

I like what I hear, Rabs. There is still, as you say, mixing to be done. IMHO the vocal track(s) seem a bit buried/muddy. I had a bit of difficulty hearing/understanding some. I have a sneaking suspicion that the more you mix your own vocals, as well as those of others, the less self-concsious you'll be about your own singing. Good stuff all together, though, mon. Sounds like you're having fun. [thumbup]

I like what I hear, Rabs. There is still, as you say, mixing to be done. IMHO the vocal track(s) seem a bit buried/muddy. I had a bit of difficulty hearing/understanding some. I have a sneaking suspicion that the more you mix your own vocals, as well as those of others, the less self-concsious you'll be about your own singing. Good stuff all together, though, mon. Sounds like you're having fun. [thumbup]

Cheers man.. thats appreciated.. thanks for taking the time to listen and comment :)

Yeah I probably hid them kind of subconsciously lol.. Will keep on at it and hopefully finish it soon (ish).. mixing takes so long as you can keep tweaking and tweaking.. but it is fun :)

Cheers man.. thats appreciated.. thanks for taking the time to listen and comment :)

Yeah I probably hid them kind of subconsciously lol.. Will keep on at it and hopefully finish it soon (ish).. mixing takes so long as you can keep tweaking and tweaking.. but it is fun :)

I have next to nil in studio experience, in the booth or on the board. But some friends have a very nice 24 track studio and are very generous with their time and expertise. Just to have someone running the board when you're doing your punch-ins is a huge help. And the mixdown and finalizing process is tedious if you're working alone. While you may enjoy the creative freedom of doing it on your own, I found myself enormously grateful for every bit of help I got. It's fun but a great deal more complicated than I had ever imagined. Remember to go to bed once in awhile. And eat! [biggrin]

I have next to nil in studio experience, in the booth or on the board. But some friends have a very nice 24 track studio and are very generous with their time and expertise. Just to have someone running the board when you're doing your punch-ins is a huge help. And the mixdown and finalizing process is tedious if you're working alone. While you may enjoy the creative freedom of doing it on your own, I found myself enormously grateful for every bit of help I got. It's fun but a great deal more complicated than I had ever imagined. Remember to go to bed once in awhile. And eat! [biggrin]

HAHAH aint that the truth.. when i get into the mixing for some reason I only start at night like about 11pm and sometimes am up till like 6 in the morning lol..

and I do know a fair amount aboout recording, used to work as an assistant sound engineer when I was younger and been in bands and stuff (even though that was like two lifetimes ago) done demo tapes.. even though ive never really been trained as such so theres alot of gaps in my knoweldge about sound frequences and the more technical side. I was actually lucky enough to work on one of the first automated mixing desks in the world (back in like 1995).. now that was cool :)

And totally agree theres nothing like working with other people.. Im crap at drum machines so my drum tracks are always really basic and I miss bouncing ideas off people, but not so many friends around these days so its either do it myself or just play guitar and never really do anything else with it..

cant work out how to display a video, will try later!

The link worked.......re-post the link..........That was very enjoyable....Nice and tight....Great camera angle as well....[drool][thumbup][smile] .....

The link worked.......re-post the link..........That was very enjoyable....Nice and tight....Great camera angle as well....[drool][thumbup][smile] .....

I have put it back on, if you scroll up you'll see it. Thanks for the positive comment!!

sorry for very poor quality recording!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7nCppZ_KUo

Ahh, Sneddy, this has the looks/sound of something good! Sadly, albeit temporarily, Missus Cruzn is still abed and this needs more volume than my home can presently handle. I'll have to come back to it somewhat later...after she's had her 3 or 4 cups and the dog's barked a few times. [thumbup]

Ahh, Sneddy, this has the looks/sound of something good! Sadly, albeit temporarily, Missus Cruzn is still abed and this needs more volume than my home can presently handle. I'll have to come back to it somewhat later...after she's had her 3 or 4 cups and the dog's barked a few times. [thumbup]

lol no worries mate! I will try and find some better video clips to put up at some point as well

For those of you that never saw my latest addition to my sound cloud!!

Going to re do the vocals as there a little shakey in bits!

Recorded using Pro Logic with Vienna Strings..

Sounds best on decent headphones or speakers

http://snd.sc/Hc8KtD

Kind Regards

Very nice job,ive never heard the song and i wouldnt have known it wasnt an original you did such a good job.

Agreed on the vocals being buried,im not that up on hearing myself sing either outside of doin studio work.You bring those vocals up so ya dont have to 'listen' for them and i bet you'll be suprised @ feedback.Good job Rabs.

sorry for very poor quality recording!

I thought the mix was pretty good,i could hear everything,and who the hell was singing that Prince song? LOL quite a vocal range there,good job on the guitar work,i was suprised the strat sounded as good as it did,good job and +1.I couldnt make out what the p'ups were on the strat,singles or a hmbker mixed in there?

I thought the mix was pretty good,i could hear everything,and who the hell was singing that Prince song? LOL quite a vocal range there,good job on the guitar work,i was suprised the strat sounded as good as it did,good job and +1.I couldnt make out what the p'ups were on the strat,singles or a hmbker mixed in there?

cheers dude, yeah the strat is a H/S/S USA. Its not the original humbucker, its a DiMarzio but cant remember the exact model, will have to get it out and have a look! cheers

Ive finally got around to doing some more work on this track..

Ive added vocals [unsure] which ive done as it needed them, but i am no vocalist.. I know how to sing and can (mostly) sing in tune but I find that I just cant stand hearing my own voice and cant listen to it objectivly, I find the tone of my voice to be dull. But who cares right, its not like I do this to be famous, just cos I enjoy it and like to practice recording and editing (so I hope I dont hurt anyones ears if people listen to it :P)

Still some more mixing to do and im thinking about changinig a few parts.. But see what you reckon [unsure] I put these up here as I think constructive critisim helps drive me to make it better. So however it makes you feel feel free to tell me what you think.. I can take it :P

http://soundcloud.com/rabs2012/loveotr-v8-wvocals

nice work Rabs, liking it!

Archived