Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've posted on here before, but I suck, so my music is easily forgettable.

Here's my SoundCloud page. I was going through a heavy post-rock phase when I made most of these:

[unsure]

Dude! That hurt my ears! LOL!

I've posted before but here is a new one... I have re done the vocal track, sounds a lot better now, just not up-loaded the new mix yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03arDc7kVsw&feature=plcp&context=C41e45c0VDvjVQa1PpcFP2vwsR03MRv1x8wn4WGJRPa1UodG4fxJ8%3D

To me,everything about this song says it should have been a bonus track on black sabbath paranoid.And thats quite a compliment.

No kidding!

That's awesome. The songs are just starting to be rehearsed as a band, so you can hear there is still a bit of miscommunication and dead space here and there. All I know is that I am stoked to be playing with people who are solid musicians and sincerely interested.

Thank you for your comment!

There are good players on here and I find that refreshing. Here are my comments (in no particular order):

Tman, that was fantastic! Badbluesplayer, you sure know your blues! Rjay, you sure can arpeggio nicely and shred! FirstMeasure, superb stuff, really!! Big Bill, nice romping fun rock!!! Matt, what is there to say about you? You are the master! DanvillRob, you ole picker you [smile]. Enjoyed it! Searcy, real good stuff!! Flight59, nice singing, man! And cool acoustic! Riffster, pretty solid, man! Tman5293, you know you can rock! Milod, I heard your stuff when you pm'd me, and as I said, you do great with different versions of songs. You sly grinnin' picker [biggrin] . Farnsbarns, you've got feel and definitely rock, man!! Twiz, that monster metal stuff is hard and heavy. And you've got some great riffs and can sure play 'em!! L5Larry, sweet stuff with the orchestra, lol!! Rocketman, nice old school sounds with your geetar!! Duane, you were AND you are!!! Shred, real nice my man (old band and new)!! Damian, you play goot, man!! Pipi, nice demo licks! Saturn, great fun stuff. You rock! Dbreslauer, I really enjoyed your pieces!

Now, there is a lot of listening! If I didn't get you, it's b/c I probably haven't gotten to your stuff yet. So please remind me!!! I think a compilation is a good idea. Ok, here are a couple of my newer tunes, one you may have heard recently. Cheers!

So heres a track ive been working on.. not finished yet, still some fine tuning on the mixing to do and still to add vocals, lead bits and arpeggios.. hopefully soon... Its (strangley for me) quite a slow tune that will make more sense when I do the vocals... but is better when the electrics kick in (of course :)) (oh and the drums will probably change a bit too)

See what you reckon [unsure]

http://soundcloud.com/rabs2012/loveotr-v3

Rabs, loved that! Very mellow!! Sounded rather like my Texan!!

Regards

Cheers :) [thumbup] im always slightly nervous when i put these up.. I will hopefully get it finished this week.

Will post again when its done.

So heres a track ive been working on.. not finished yet, still some fine tuning on the mixing to do and still to add vocals, lead bits and arpeggios.. hopefully soon... Its (strangley for me) quite a slow tune that will make more sense when I do the vocals... but is better when the electrics kick in (of course :)) (oh and the drums will probably change a bit too)

See what you reckon [unsure]

http://soundcloud.com/rabs2012/loveotr-v3

Rabs, 1:19 and 2:19 ,loved that run,endless ideas on 2nd guitar, i can hear harmonies all over that riff.Very nice.

Rabs, 1:19 and 2:19 ,loved that run,endless ideas on 2nd guitar, i can hear harmonies all over that riff.Very nice.

Cheers.. Any comments good or bad are appreciated (especially good ones ;))..

More to come yet :) I think once the vocal is in it will fill the unheavy bits out alot more. theers that and I want to add some arpeggiated chords and some lead bits..

And thank you to you, Flight959 and anyone who takes the time to listen [thumbup] [thumbup] .. I will post more when its done ;)

(edit) getting comments either negative or positive actually helps to motivate me and put more effort into it (and im sure others).. so its nice to see this thread keep going :)

Dude! That hurt my ears! LOL!

I've posted before but here is a new one... I have re done the vocal track, sounds a lot better now, just not up-loaded the new mix yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03arDc7kVsw&feature=plcp&context=C41e45c0VDvjVQa1PpcFP2vwsR03MRv1x8wn4WGJRPa1UodG4fxJ8%3D

Cool song Ray,it has a ZZ Top/Kenny Wayne Sheppard feel to it...

Cool song Ray,it has a ZZ Top/Kenny Wayne Sheppard feel to it...

Thank's friend, yeah that "Jesus Just Left Chicago" and/or AC-DC "Ride On" feel for sure. Witch Kenny Wayne song where you thinking of? Forgive me, I've heard some of his work but not a lot of it.

Thank's friend, yeah that "Jesus Just Left Chicago" and/or AC-DC "Ride On" feel for sure. Witch Kenny Wayne song where you thinking of? Forgive me, I've heard some of his work but not a lot of it.

Yes the Jesus Just Left was dead on,and the KWS tune is called " I Found Love" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahiyunj8CT8&feature=related

Archived