Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be honest with you: It really is about no one in particular. Of all things, I had just finished watching the movie "Titanic" :unsure: and while I caught a lot of flak for it, I was moved by the movie. I sat down on my bed an hour later, and the chords and melody just came to me. I couldn't believe it.

Again, thank you all! I used to do with with a female harmony singer AND a cello that REALLY made it good!

I will be honest with you: It really is about no one in particular. Of all things, I had just finished watching the movie "Titanic" :unsure: and while I caught a lot of flak for it, I was moved by the movie. I sat down on my bed an hour later, and the chords and melody just came to me. I couldn't believe it.

Again, thank you all! I used to do with with a female harmony singer AND a cello that REALLY made it good!

Titanic was good,a song just coming to you is even better.A movie named 'Eight Below' hit a sore spot w/ me,i had to put a husky down yrs back that got cancer that i had had since a pup and those 'jerks' that make good movies and suck ya into it just to rip your heart out,only to win ya back over by the movies end lol....../shakes fist.Again congrats on your song and your first copyright [thumbup]

Best song I ever wrote...and the only one I have copywrited. Four chords goes a long way with a good melody...

Man killer job! This reminds me of John Frusciante. That is a huge compliment coming from me as JF is one of my fav guitarists of all time! Well done man. You should be proud of that one!

Too funny! Actually, the only reason it is angled at my face is I was too lazy to adjust the height of my FlipCam, which was just sitting on a bookshelf.

It's just capoed at the fifth fret, and in that position, it's just a C, a G, an Am, and an F. I fingerpicked it, obviously. The real bummer is that the resonance of my Taylor is not captured well by the FlipCam.

Thanks for all the great comments! I love this place!

And...I can tell you playing jazz is something I will never master...

Too funny! Actually, the only reason it is angled at my face is I was too lazy to adjust the height of my FlipCam, which was just sitting on a bookshelf.

It's just capoed at the fifth fret, and in that position, it's just a C, a G, an Am, and an F. I fingerpicked it, obviously. The real bummer is that the resonance of my Taylor is not captured well by the FlipCam.

Thanks for all the great comments! I love this place!

And...I can tell you playing jazz is something I will never master...

Heck, misterk, you jam with me or Rob and you'll be playin' jazz in no time. [thumbup]

Archived