Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp... for better or worse here's my latest. It's just for kicks.

My wife played keys and sang backup on this one.

I Like It [thumbup]

In the 90s Faith no more had a album called "King For a day fool for a lifetime" Man i played that album over and over.

Hey there,

The group I am playing in just finished another rough cut for a potential demo. It'd be rad to hear what you all think of it.

We are calling ourselves Master Heartache. It's mostly straight forward rock stuff.

This song has vocals, and the other one will have vocals added this week.

Enjoy!

The final mixed down tracks are up. I'd love to hear what you fellas all think.

Man, there are SO MANY talented people on this forum who indeed both talk and walk!

Here's a brief one I did today to test my new Kodak pocket camcorder...not perfect but fun. And man, that vintage Epi rings like a bell...

Excellent job, Mister K!

To be honest, I've kinda avoided this thread because I've been in a bit of a dry spell as far as writing and recording. Maybe I just need to jump in and get some stuff done!

Anyway, here is the last thing I worked on - over a year ago I think. I keep getting stuck on lyrics. This is all acoustic, straight into the laptop. Nothing fancy. Comments, suggestions, appreciated!

https://www.box.com/shared/2i1lsp5pbc

To be honest, I've kinda avoided this thread because I've been in a bit of a dry spell as far as writing and recording. Maybe I just need to jump in and get some stuff done!

Anyway, here is the last thing I worked on - over a year ago I think. I keep getting stuck on lyrics. This is all acoustic, straight into the laptop. Nothing fancy. Comments, suggestions, appreciated!

https://www.box.com/shared/2i1lsp5pbc

Man, that was sweet. So that is why we have two hands! ;)

Man, that was sweet. So that is why we have two hands! ;)

Thanks. It has always seemed that way to me.

Surf, mr.k, searcy, great job guys enjoyed it all.

Thanks for walkin and talkin boys.[thumbup]

Thanks, Cookie. Now I need to try that new USB interface you posted the other day. That one was done straight in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my latest. I was trying to go for a really mournful, stripped-down, country-feel, or maybe like a Bruce Springsteen acoustic feel.

Two things: Let me know if you have any trouble with the link, and also let me know if you think I should add some reverb to my vocal track.

Thanks!

ps - Pay no attention to the pics...I just threw them in there to fill up the length of the song.

Here's what I have been working on lately....

I shared an early version with a couple of y'all and got good feedback. Since then I have added live bass and a solo (though its a little loud in the mix at the moment)...

https://www.box.com/s/b54094630d26e88489eb

Remember, I consider myself a rhythm player....the solo is not amazing...its fully improvised but I think I did ok.

Archived