Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

Here's my effort...Still in Love with You by Thin Lizzy...My linkbasically it's me singing and playing the lead against a backing track. I played the track & put the vocals thru' a roland cube 20 and played the lead & some rythmn thru a Peavey. Recorded straight onto a Boss Micro using it's onboard mic. So this a a very rough recording and my first attempt at something with lead

Thats some pretty good lead work for your 1st attempt [thumbup]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added 2 songs from my original CD lastnight.

....Don't Deny was my first song playing/writing on keys. Round Bottom Girls...it is what it is.

very good stuff ...specially like "Don't DEny" which has an REO Speed feel to it

very good stuff ...specially like "Don't DEny" which has an REO Speed feel to it

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for listening,most of the CD has a REO feel to me, due to me really liking them as i was learning to play.I did not intend to mimick thier sound or songs,just came out that way.

Sure, why not? Here's my stereotypical slop and silliness. Is there such a thing as punkbluesrock? There is now, baybee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQmEaD0d_0

Brian you look like you're havin a blast!! Your playing style and stage presence comes across as if someone cloned George Thorogood and Evil Kenevil,musician slash stuntman,good stuff !! [thumbup]

Here's my effort...Still in Love with You by Thin Lizzy...My linkbasically it's me singing and playing the lead against a backing track. I played the track & put the vocals thru' a roland cube 20 and played the lead & some rythmn thru a Peavey. Recorded straight onto a Boss Micro using it's onboard mic. So this a a very rough recording and my first attempt at something with lead

AS a fan of Thin Lizzy, i really enjoyed this [thumbup]

Added 2 songs from my original CD lastnight.

....Don't Deny was my first song playing/writing on keys. Round Bottom Girls...it is what it is.

Cool stuff mike, calm before the storm was great [thumbup]

Sure, why not? Here's my stereotypical slop and silliness. Is there such a thing as punkbluesrock? There is now, baybee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQmEaD0d_0

Man what a cool vid, awesome [thumbup]

Last week I recorded vocals and mixed my new band's first song. There will be more in the next week or so. Instruments are recorded. Just need to do vocals and mix.

Dig this!

We also played our first show last night. Not bad for my first gig as a front man and singer. Was definitely nervous, but my drummer/songwriting partner was rock solid and that helped keep me vertical.

AS a fan of Thin Lizzy, i really enjoyed this [thumbup]

Cool stuff mike, calm before the storm was great [thumbup]

Thanks Sellen,when ya gonna put up another rockin vid? ................Nice groove on your bands recording Evol [thumbup]

Thanks Sellen,when ya gonna put up another rockin vid? ................Nice groove on your bands recording Evol [thumbup]

Going offshore for 14 days of work soon :o so there's gonna be some rockin' on my next vacation [biggrin]

Cool stuff Evol...

Just uploaded some stuff we did with the hobby band a year ago.

A very simple rocker called Toothless johnny

As we are 5 different guys we play stuff like this to Take me home

We are working on new stuff all the time, and our goal is to make a decent demo cd in the next year or so...and get some gigs.

Brian you look like you're havin a blast!! Your playing style and stage presence comes across as if someone cloned George Thorogood and Evil Kenevil,musician slash stuntman,good stuff !! [thumbup]

Thanks fellers! If anyone likes that sorta thing, our entire new album is available to be heard with one click streaming, and free download!

If you go here and click on the top song, they'll all play in succession:

To download the entire album free, just go to the music page on our website:

http://www.crashpadband.com/music.html

Well ok this is a first for me so go easy :rolleyes:

Davej

Hey Dave thats two very similar sounding tracks even with two very different guitars. Are you from an acoustic backround as I see one in your avatar photo..

Here's my versions of a couple of Neil Youngs Tracks

First is Needlle & the Damage Done

My link

Second is the Old Laughing Lady

Ya I started with acoustic, and only play at home for fun. I am again taking lesson related to fills and improv (which has really help), but funny how when you video yourself your brain and hands don't work right :rolleyes: . So I must do more to get comfortable.

These videos where taken both on the same setting with regards to peddles and on a camera set on video( so not the best sound).

I really like Neil Young "Old Laughing Lady".

Davej

Here's some Blues I recorded today. Took my Fender after about a year+ of not playing it, with all this talk here about Blues and Fenders. It needs a setup badly as the action is very high. Anyhoo, it's about a minute long jam.

Peavy Delta Blues amp and Satchurator. Thanks!

Here's some Blues I recorded today. Took my Fender after about a year+ of not playing it, with all this talk here about Blues and Fenders. It needs a setup badly as the action is very high. Anyhoo, it's about a minute long jam.

Peavy Delta Blues amp and Satchurator. Thanks!

[thumbup] I especially like the lick's around :40! Nice work man!

Dave, that Epi has some good sound ringing llike a bell. Sweet sounds!

Ray, thanks man. By the way, is the audio bad? I just listened on my phone and could barely hear the backing track, and the guitar was way upfront [unsure] . Not sure if it sounds like that on all devices. If so, sorry, I may want to re do. I'd appreciate feedback on the audio please. Thanks.

Archived