Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tone is not for me but the playing is very consistent for having no drum track to play along too. Good playing!

I need my little drummer boy more than ever... I don't know if I could work with a drum machine as well as I could with a real human being, reason being is that a human can really dial in to a sound while a drum machine has to be programmed. I dono, just seems like more of a hassle. I'll look into them though.

I'm not really in the habit of filming myself and I don't play out much anymore, but this is the most recent thing I have from a charity event at the end of April this year. I'm on the far right with the Moderne. The sound mixing wasn't great, so the only guitar you can really hear is me, almost none of the solo player's work came through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj-W3VnhJiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgR_nadZbO4

I'm not really in the habit of filming myself and I don't play out much anymore, but this is the most recent thing I have from a charity event at the end of April this year. I'm on the far right with the Moderne. The sound mixing wasn't great, so the only guitar you can really hear is me, almost none of the solo player's work came through.

Two very nice covers!! I Listened to both and I really liked it, (got my foot tapping)

Thanks, I liked your Little Man track. The singing had a nice groove to it wiith the playing.

thanx. Singing is still scary, if you hear your self sing it is as you are naked on the street.

Made a lil Jazzy tune...dunno where it is going and where it is ending so I made it only 30 seconds long...

I need to work on that sound, the lows came out a lil'too deep, but I like the bass part my self.

Just plugged it in my Roland mini cube (15w), put in on clean, add a littlebit of reverb...probably the sound can be better but...it is not too bad. (ES175 + Roland cube, nice combimation for my living room and a bottle of wine)

klik for a lil'Jazzy :)

Man, y'all sound very like my ex-son-in-law's band. I hope that doesn't irritate you, as I don't mean it in a bad way. The production is very well done. The tone in your guitar is oh so good, and the chord progressions are not "run of the mill", which makes this a fresh listen. Enjoyed it! [thumbup]

Thanks, brother. If nothing I like to think I can write and arrange a pop song and not have it be mindless strumming of chords. Been catching your material when you post it and I have to say I am in awe of your playing. It's way different than stuff I do and light years beyond it in skill level. Hats off to you.

For anyone that cares, we now have four tracks on our RN site now (check my signature for the link). More photos also (hope that doesn't scare people away ;) )

For anyone that cares, we now have four tracks on our RN site now (check my signature for the link).

'

Hey, those are really good songs, EVOL! Nice job. [thumbup] I particularly liked AC Blues which I thought was your best vocal and the tremolo was kickin!

'

Hey, those are really good songs, EVOL! Nice job. [thumbup] I particularly liked AC Blues which I thought was your best vocal and the tremolo was kickin!

Wow. Thanks, brother. It's my first time as a singer so you can understand the nervousness.

Wow. Thanks, brother. It's my first time as a singer so you can understand the nervousness.

I can indeed understand that! Your voice will get stronger as you get more confident using it as an instrument. I will never forget the first time someone complimented me specifically on my singing (which I still feel is weak). I think I came a little. [biggrin]

Sorry if anyone listened to that last one.. I heard it again this morning and thought it was just a bit on the messy side [blush] .. (serves me right for doing it a 4 in the morning lol)

So ive rebalanced it a bit..

Sorry if anyone listened to that last one.. I heard it again this morning and thought it was just a bit on the messy side [blush] .. (serves me right for doing it a 4 in the morning lol)

So ive rebalanced it a bit..

nice going there. Good lead work, nice base, very strict tempo.

nice going there. Good lead work, nice base, very strict tempo.

Cheers... :) Im a by ear player so my lead work has always been a bit lacking.. But Ive really been trying to improve it lately so thats nice to hear [biggrin]

I guess this will be recognized...it is not the same but it caries the same admosphere. I do my recordings in my livingroom, the kids and wife are watching the making of the lord of the rings...and the last 3 seconds of this recordings they all 4 looked at me and start laughing...I don't know why...gringrin.

My link

I guess this will be recognized...it is not the same but it caries the same admosphere. I do my recordings in my livingroom, the kids and wife are watching the making of the lord of the rings...and the last 3 seconds of this recordings they all 4 looked at me and start laughing...I don't know why...gringrin.

My link

Sounds good :) nice and mellow as it should be... Good tone in your voice [thumbup]

And all I can think of is they thought you were playing the James Bond theme lol (it does sound just like it for a bar or so :))

Sounds good :) nice and mellow as it should be... Good tone in your voice [thumbup]

And all I can think of is they thought you were playing the James Bond theme lol (it does sound just like it for a bar or so :))

They heard me saying that last sentence way in the end ...15 minutes later they are still laughing...open it again and scroll to the last 10 seconds :) (my 8yo has got tears roling over his face from laughing...you gonna post that? you gonna post that...hahaha

They heard me saying that last sentence way in the end ...15 minutes later they are still laughing...open it again and scroll to the last 10 seconds :) (my 8yo has got tears roling over his face from laughing...you gonna post that? you gonna post that...hahaha

HAha lol.. :) [thumbup]

My link

Well you got the jest of it man! One of the best albums ever! [thumbup]

Archived