Gibson Brands Forums

N(BD)AD!!!

Twiz

So, today I turned 35. Holy crap. Anyway, my awesome girlfriend got me this, a Vox ACTV4. I've been gassing for one for a while now. It sounds really awesome on the 1/4 watt setting (sweet natural overdrive at a good Saturday morning volume), and it seems to love all the pedals I've put in front of it. I'm stoked!

DSC_7987_100dpi.jpg

Happy birthday and congrats to this awesome amp and of course to your colo girlfriend.Seems she knows how to make a man happy!

I need one these mini Voxes too.I wanna get that great Vox sound i get out of my AC30 with one of these at home, at "neighbourfriendly" volume...

Gratz Twiz! Sure have a pretty good woman in your life [thumbup]

Haha. Ain't that the truth? I mean, in the grand scheme of things, stuff like this isn't what is important in a relationship, but it sure is nice to get something cool every once in a while. I definitely thank my lucky stars regularly. [thumbup]

Sweet little amp Twiz......You should get another one and run them in stereo !!!!!!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......

By the way, way cool vid you have on the MUSIC thread......35 huh ????? Time for you to get married and settle down,

and write some DAD ROCK [flapper][unsure][scared][crying][lol] .......

By the way, way cool vid you have on the MUSIC thread......35 huh ????? Time for you to get married and settle down,

and write some DAD ROCK [flapper][unsure][scared][crying][lol] .......

Ha! Nah, I hope I've got some years left to rock and roll before that happens!

gratz on

1. The birthday! Awesome man

2. the lady! that's cool she got you such an awesome present!

3. the ac4 is a great amp, I hope to get one for practice at home... 50 watts is a bit much for late night jamming

Thanks buddy. Yea, the late night practicing thing was mainly why I wanted one. The 1/4 watt setting rules. It sounds really cool with a Big Muff. -Kinda like the tone Neil Young has on Rockin In The Free World.

Thanks buddy. Yea, the late night practicing thing was mainly why I wanted one. The 1/4 watt setting rules. It sounds really cool with a Big Muff. -Kinda like the tone Neil Young has on Rockin In The Free World.

pushing a little tiny amp all the way then feeding it some fuzz is one of the craziest sounds ever. I love it so!

Neil Young tone is awesome [thumbup]

Congrats and Happy Birthday,your amp and girlfriend are both first rate.I've had a love afair with Vox amps ever since the early Beatle days and I have 2 so far along with an AC30 Amplug which is a fabulous little practice amp.

Thanks for the b-day wishes guys.

I really like the tone I'm getting on 1/4 watt with the volume and tone at about 12:00. I tried it with an old RAT, then a DOD Preamp 250 Overdrive, and finally with my Russian Big Muff. The Muff sounds best to me at the moment.

Archived