Gibson Brands Forums

My three best buddies

Epi Rocks

G'day all,

this is my first day on this site and I'm stoked to be a registered member.

It's nice to know there are others out there who feel the same way about their Epiphones

as I do. I have three beautiful Epi models. Two were a gift from my wonderful wife, and the

other I bought when we first met in 2004. All three are Korean and from Unsung. The LP Black Beauty 3

was the first, followed by the White g400 Custom LTD with Maestro and lastly the '58 Korina Explorer.

I've set them up,rewired and replaced some of the pups. I love all three, but my personal

favourate is the LP BB3. I hope to post some images of them soon. I run them through a Marshall MA100

and they sound exceptional. I also use a Korean Squire Pro Tone strat, but this isn't the place to

mention how good that one is.(sic)

I hope to have many meaningful chats with other lovers of these amazingly underated guitars.

My wish is for more Epi's to come out with serious, quality electrics (pups, pots, caps, wiring, etc...).

I think they are awesome value and would like to hopefuly pick up a few more high end models in the future.

Anyhow, catch you later.

'Just keep Rrrockin'

Paul

G'day all,

G'day, all?

Oh my, do we have another member from Ohio? (kidding)

Welcome to the forum. Yup, Epi makes some great guitars. Sounds like you got a couple yourself.

Stick around, have some fun and feel free to make some noise. We all do!

By the by....Pics are a must.

Willy

Hiya guys.

Wow man! Some very quick responses there. (I Feel all warm and fuzzy inside to be amongst such fine fellows).

( Epiphone army for sure ).

No doubt about it, I'll be sticking around. Lots to see, lots to learn also.

Hopefully, tonight I can post a few images of my best mates up for your expert eyes.

I must say, I'm so pleased to have found this site. I'm such a gasser and always drooling

over some of these magnificent Epi's. I used to have a Gibson '67 Standard SG and, after having to sell it

'cause financial reasons, I'm forever trying to fill that void with other aquisitions.( That's my excuse and I'm

sticking to it) LOL!!!

"You can never have too many Gibson/Epiphones IMHO." I know the missus will disagree with this completely but that's just tough.

Thanks guys for all your welcome wishes, much appreciated.

Paul :-)

Hi Guys,

Here are the pictures, as requested [biggrin] I will supply more as my wife finds the time (she's typing this for me now, as she is quicker than me & a clever S**t(Paul said a F**kin' know all...I didn't want to type it, he made me #-o )

(The Boss) Just a note, I disagree with Paul's comment that I would disgree with "You can never have too many Gibson/Epiphones IMHO." As long as he keeps them in Great condition, always in tune & on rare occasions, he plays just for me...& of course I can have as many computers or Gadgets that I want (LOTS) [tongue]

See ya soon

Paul & Mrs Wife (Gillian)

G'day Paul, lovely trio you have there, and I just noticed you're an Aussie, there's a strong Aussie presence here, they dub us the Aussie Mafia, LOL.

We have a blast and spend a lot of time in the Epi Lounge, it's a really fun joint, check it out when you get a chance.

Cheers and Beers ...

Rob

EDIT: Instructions on how to post full size pics is in the Do-It-Yourself thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge.

Paul,

What is that headstock in your avatar???

PS: Gillian is way cool... You better play her a nice song man [thumbup]

Hey Stuart.

The headstock on my avatar belongs to a unique LP I bought last year. Never seen another like it before and the wife and I liked

it so much we decided to get it. Unfortunately I didn't keep it as I'm sure that it wasn't a genuine Epi. I sold it on Ebay

without so much as a $20 profit. Shame 'cause it wasn't that bad, especially for only $400.( Chinese knockoff for sure)

I've found another on the net exactly like it for 'round $370 but I dunno.......???

I'll post some pictures I took of it soon. (I wondered how long it would take before someone enquired.)

Gillian also thought on that. She's a gem mate, and yes, I will play her some songs exclusively.

Cheers

Paul

Cheers Paul... but you really didn't need to send me a 'heart' with that last post [blush]

... & we might have to put you on the shore patrol roster shortly...

... We've got all these Canucks & Noo Yoiker type dudes threatening to head on down here [laugh]

Cheers Paul... but you really didn't need to send me a 'heart' with that last post [blush]

... & we might have to put you on the shore patrol roster shortly...

... We've got all these Canucks & Noo Yoiker type dudes threatening to head on down here [laugh]

Hey Stuart,

Ya clown =D> ; the heart is for the missus not you!! [-X

Yeah, too many invaders in leaky boats I reckon.

Cheers

Paul

BTW... [woot][love]=P~ ... that geet, in particular, looks smokin' hot [thumbup]

Thanks Dude. [thumbup]

She looks even better up close. Not a very good picture I'm afraid. (Doesn't do her justice at all.)

I can't remember axactly what pups I put in,(some cheap yankee brand) but they roar!!! [woot]

The original pups were those aweful Hotch ones, powerful, but muddy!!

Very fast action and a 50's type neck, a beautiful finish! An AWESOME axe!!! A present from the missus too.

Gotta love her, sooooo... understanding.

Cheers

Paul

Welcome to the forum,I love your Epis but the G-400 is exceptionally sweet.

Thanks heaps dude.

I just sent a message to 'eggmuffins' telling him about it.

She is a BEAUTIFUL instrument. All credit to Epiphone and Unsung for her. [thumbup]

Cheers

Paul

OK Paul...

They are all 'Unsung Heroes' (Ahhh... will we ever tire of that joke?)...

... but what years Sir???

& also BTW...

I also use a Korean Squire Pro Tone strat, but this isn't the place to

mention how good that one is

'Cause this is the coolest geet forum in the universe... it is absolutely fine to discuss this in our Lounge (Dresscode: Smart@r$e Casual)

Cheers,

Welcome Paul, good to have you here, d'you know, I was just thinking we needed some more Aussies on the forum... [flapper]

Nice gits. Nice attitude to original Epi pups (whip 'em out!) [thumbup] I'm sure you'll get along fine here.

I'm not sure your avatar will go down well with the mods, though. We do talk about Epi fakes, but anything which might be seen as encouraging them might get deleted. Wouldn't want to lose you so soon.

Welcome Paul, good to have you here, d'you know, I was just thinking we needed some more Aussies on the forum... [flapper]

Nice gits. Nice attitude to original Epi pups (whip 'em out!) [thumbup] I'm sure you'll get along fine here.

I'm not sure your avatar will go down well with the mods, though. We do talk about Epi fakes, but anything which might be seen as encouraging them might get deleted. Wouldn't want to lose you so soon.

Hey Vomer.

Thanks dude. You know the chant; Aussie Aussie Aussie... OYE OYE OYE!!! [woot][woot][woot]

Note: The avatar is only temp. Wanted to see how quick before enquiries came in. B)

Really liked the headstock though, much like the Hagstrom models.

Those fake Epiphones's suck man, much like the fake Gibson's. All the same price, quality(or lack of) and

all made in some obscure Chinese guitar factory. Occasionally a half decent one rolls out.

Unfortunately, their fakes are fooling many and they're getting better at it.

No-one with any authority seems able to put a stop to it or even prosecute.

Once you've played a fake and compared it to a genuine Epi, you will definitely know the difference.

Real Epiphone's RRRock!!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

Cheers

Paul

Archived