Gibson Brands Forums

Big Changes at Gibson Montana

BluesKing777

Rumour from another forum says that Gibson Montana will be delivering acoustic guitars 'flat-packed' like Ikea after Ren leaves....

Kidding!

(I just put together this stupid outdoor cushion storage box and found out some outdoor chairs that are coming need to be assembled as well. Flatpack me a guitar while I am at it! Dog goes to sit out by the back fence.)

BluesKing777.

Have no clue what the joke is.

Maybe its a Martin joke cuz we know that no sane bluegrass player would be playing a Gibson :)

Harmonics101

If Ren Ferguson DOES defect to Fender, then Gibson will need to find someone that can fill his shoes.

Yeah guys, i'm holding off on munching down on the bridge and saddle of my Martins, cuz i personally believe Ren is gonna be doing Gibson related work for a LONNNNNNG time to come.

Show prove otherwise guys B)

I wouldn't worry about finding a replacement.... there are a couple of people there who have been keeping low profiles that are absolutely qualified. What goes on in Montana isn't always what we see on the forum or press releases. I won't expand on that, but think about it. ;)

this isn't to say Ren is easily replaced. He isn't! there is only one Ren! but i wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah, and Ren is 65 years old! His work isn't his whole life. If indeed he does consulting for Gibson, he can stay where he is, do what work he wants to do, make more money with a pension check and consulting fees, and have no administrative duties. Sounds like a deal to me!

Does "flat-packed" mean you have to put it together yourself?

Sorry - not much of a joke if you have to explain it, duh...

I think the Swedes invented flatpacks - Ikea furniture saves themselves money by selling you their furniture 'ready-to-assemble' with all the required bolts and allen keys and dodgy instructions in a flat box or 'flatpack'.

You get home in a sweat and assemble your furniture

Ok, unless they have forgotten to put a piece or two in the box....

BluesKing777.

I wouldn't worry about finding a replacement.... there are a couple of people there who have been keeping low profiles that are absolutely qualified. What goes on in Montana isn't always what we see on the forum or press releases. I won't expand on that, but think about it. ;)

this isn't to say Ren is easily replaced. He isn't! there is only one Ren! but i wouldn't worry too much.

Reassuring to read.

Let's hope the right person/persons takes over – Knock on wood !

Sorry - not much of a joke if you have to explain it, duh...

I think the Swedes invented flatpacks - Ikea furniture saves themselves money by selling you their furniture 'ready-to-assemble' with all the required bolts and allen keys and dodgy instructions in a flat box or 'flatpack'.

You get home in a sweat and assemble your furniture

Ok, unless they have forgotten to put a piece or two in the box....

BluesKing777.

So the case candy would include an allen key again?

Does "flat-packed" mean you have to put it together yourself?

Got it... Kit Guitars.. Blah.... Bolt on necks, Two sided tape binding.. and laminated plywood for a body covered in wall paper... [flapper]

For all we know.. theyll be built in India and called Gibtones again... :lol:

Rumour from another forum says that Gibson Montana will be delivering acoustic guitars 'flat-packed' like Ikea after Ren leaves....

Kidding!

(I just put together this stupid outdoor cushion storage box and found out some outdoor chairs that are coming need to be assembled as well. Flatpack me a guitar while I am at it! Dog goes to sit out by the back fence.)

BluesKing777.

BluesKing, are you British? I got it straight away!

Archived