Gibson Brands Forums

Randy Rhoads...overated?

S t e v e

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish he'd loose the bucket and just play guitar. He's good enough that he doesn't need the gimmick...JMHO.

The man who plays "Buckethead" is an extremely shy (cripplingly shy actually) and introverted...the mask/bucket allow him to do what he does in character. The image also fits a lot of his older music (the crazy shreddy stuff). I don't see him ever losing the mask and bucket though or else we would probably never see him play live. Its too much a part of his music and mythos now...plus the kids love it! :)

The man who plays "Buckethead" is an extremely shy (cripplingly shy actually) and introverted...the mask/bucket allow him to do what he does in character. The image also fits a lot of his older music (the crazy shreddy stuff). I don't see him ever losing the mask and bucket though or else we would probably never see him play live. Its too much a part of his music and mythos now...plus the kids love it! :)

Yes I know. It would be like when KISS lost their make-up. They almost went belly-up...

I like a good Buckethead thread when people can be respectful of others opinions. I don't think that ANYONE *needs* to like his stuff...but I bet he's got some songs in his 1000+ song catalog that everyone would like if they had some guidance. Diving in alone will only frustrate ya.

I started listening to the dude in 1998 and was hooked...he's my favourite guitar player and likely always will be. He is a prolific songwriter and with that said, I can tell you that I do not like everything he has done. There are a good 20 albums that I never listen to....but then, I have another 80 or so to keep me busy. :)

I stopped trying to "push" him on others many years ago...to enjoy Buckethead, you just need an open mind and some time ha.

I take to Buckethead like Dem00n to EMG pickups; and I will always be like that since his playing does nothing for me. With that said; the man himself is very smart if you ask me. During the time period he came out you could not walk 5 foot in any direction without bumping into at least 3 self proclaimed shredders. So what the man did was he used a gimmick; just like KISS did in the 70's. It worked for him and I think thats pretty damn sweet for him.

As it was mentioned earlier in this thread either you like him or you don't. I'm one of those who dont; but mad respect for what he has done. So does he wipe the chicken grease out of the bucket before he puts it on? Also I know me and Mr Shred have discussed this before but the good ole boys in Kentucky did not take lightly to him using their registered trademark. Thus no more KFC buckets. Yet another way to keep your name in the press; for both.

thank you, that was the answer i was looking for.

the good ole boys in Kentucky did not take lightly to him using their registered trademark. Thus no more KFC buckets. Yet another way to keep your name in the press; for both.

There is actually no documentation of any sort of legal threat from KFC...in fact, they recently tweeted about him saying they loved him. I believe the KFC law suit thing is a made up story...my thoughts on why he went to the white bucket but i'll keep them to myself because no one else here cares lol!

Archived