Gibson Brands Forums

The Steve Earle Goodbye Thread

Buc McMaster

Juan Carlos suggested I take a run at this tune. I'd never heard it before and, turns out, it's quite a nice song. I've never spent much time at all learning to fingerpick.....I've got this one three-finger pattern that I've never taken any further. Don't have much digit independence in my left hand for string selection. Anyway, BBG suggested we make a thread of the tune and everyone that wants to can post a video of their version of Steve Earle's Goodbye. I think that's a great idea - who's ridin' shotgun on this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-5vwbyZxLE

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes sir......I agree. The vid did not appear that way when processing it. I fixed the crop and I think there's a better "hand" view now........ Thanks!!

Holy cow, Buc.... I listened to it again, but I hooked up the external speakers to my laptop....and WOW, that was nice!

(also liked that I could watch you work....thanks!)

You should try to video yourself through a mirror..... and then the guitar would be on the correct side!

Again, thanks for posting, I really liked that.

Possibly the most embarassing thing I've ever done, but-- I'll grab shotgun, Buc, if only to encourage the rest of 'em to accept the friendly offer/challenge! Great idea...

Really enjoyed your take...nice job, sir.[thumbup]

(Among many issues are an annoying click in the audio and some lags...sorry 'bout that. I never record w/ vid so I didn't troubleshoot--no doubt a web cam software thing.)

I can't believe I did this...be gentle. [blush]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKjUNm-tX1Y&feature=g-upl&context=G210cf82AUAAAAAAAAAA

Buc ,

WOW you did the song Justice ... and it really means alot .

I really felt the emotion and I think you captured the spirit of the song just right .

the J 45 was a the right tool for the job too.

I can't thank you enough for doing a wonderful cover of this song .

I think everyone will agree with me !

JC

Possibly the most embarassing thing I've ever done, but-- I'll grab shotgun, Buc, if only to encourage the rest of 'em to accept the friendly offer/challenge! Great idea...

Really enjoyed your take...nice job, sir.[thumbup]

(Among many issues are an annoying click in the audio and some lags...sorry 'bout that. I never record w/ vid so I didn't troubleshoot--no doubt a web cam software thing.)

I can't believe I did this...be gentle. [blush]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKjUNm-tX1Y&feature=g-upl&context=G210cf82AUAAAAAAAAAA

Anne , I'd like to see your version but it says the video is "private" .

JC

Well alright!! Great job, Anne! And yes, JCV, harmony is a very cool thing. I miss singing with other voices a great deal. Participation is what makes this forum a great little community! I fully expect BBG will post a version........it was, afterall, his suggestion.............yes? Step up!!

(someone asked about the strings: Pearse PB lights with the high E and B changed out to .013 and .017 respectively)

Archived