Gibson Brands Forums

How do you clean the inside of your case?

MichaelR

Hook up the vacuum cleaner hose with that small upholstery attachment. Hopefully your vac has some great suction and that'll clean it right up. You could use an air hose but you'd have to be careful with the pressure (and clean it in the garage maybe).

That's how I clean the lent & stuff 'n stuff off my case velvet.

Aster

C'mon BK...Is that all ya got? [lol]

No - they are just the ones I have got since reading this evil forum! They are stacked ready to go in the walk-in-cupboard I just turned into guitar racks!

I need to get a cleaning person to clean all the cases (and guitars), and also a larger car/truck to haul them around.

I use to travel light - what happened? Pruning about to happen........

BluesKing777.

Hey! I would take the job....if I was little closer [scared]

I was going to say, when you get ready to prune...let me know.....BUT, I can,t afford shipping from the land 'down under'. That is usually a 'one-way street'.... I am sure your mates are clamoring for a few nice Gibsons [thumbup]

Hey! I would take the job....if I was little closer [scared]

I was going to say, when you get ready to prune...let me know.....BUT, I can,t afford shipping from the land 'down under'. That is usually a 'one-way street'.... I am sure your mates are clamoring for a few nice Gibsons [thumbup]

Definitely a one-way street....though I think the Englanders pay double in Denmark Street, London.

And there will be no more of this foolish talk of Gibsons leaving - after the stress of the Customs Man? No, no, no.

When I cleaned the cupboard/closet out to make way for the new guitar racks, I found other guitars with dusty cases and spiderwebs - a few Martins and things that I forgot I had! (Kidding). All to go!

Also the first electric recorder and microphone invented were in there waiting for the light.

I also found a broken classical guitar (Takamine) that my younger sister learned on approximately 45 years ago and broke the bridge off then gave to me because I play guitar?. I may have to get that one repaired because it sounded very nice once? Another vintage guitar! So I have more guitars now than when I started cleaning the closet? Huh?

I am going back to work to earn more money to (get rid of stuff).

BluesKing777.

Sorry I hijacked your nice case thread, MichaelR.

Don't know if I've ever cleaned the inside of my cases. Now I'm feeling guilty.

Danged if I just about SURE that dust mites (cousin to the ter mite) at wood too. And the older wood the happier they are!! Now, if it's OLD EXPENSIVE WOOD, you just don't even want to know. [biggrin]

Aster

Archived