Gibson Brands Forums

What do you wear on stage

brannon67

As long as we're on the down memory lane look at stage attire, here's me from 1967, circa the Mississippi Folk Festival.

Still uncertain as to the direction ahead, I'm still wearing my California surfer windbreaker at this stage. But Ricky Nelson and the Beach Boys are soon going to lose out to Bob Dylan on the rapid voyage towards folk/rock/blues just a few years later...

Note the uncut, coiled up strings on the peghead. You could impale your cigarette on one of the string ends while you played. (This was in the very short period when I smoked, thinking it was cool for a folkie.)

Also note that I'm using both a thumbpick and fingerpicks. Guess I could play that way back then......

1967.jpg

Very cool photo!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's cool about the pic of us in the aprons is that it's the only pic I have that shows my J-Bass AND my Jaguar, (the guy behind me is playin' my guitar... probably in between the time when his Strat got stolen and he replaced it with a Country Gentleman).

The guy singing with me on the same mic has the same color Jaguar as mine, (and those are the only two that color I ever saw!)

Nick - This must be from the same session as the one posted some time ago – nice to see some action behind the strings. You obviously are in contact with the template.

As you might know, I'm a big fan of those 60's early 70's pictures of what happened among smaller acts and the fans out there. The youth culture as a whole. I was around, but though very aware, only a kid. There's a limit to what I saw, had access to and remember.

In other words rather serious when calling for photos of your paths and circles from way back then.

Danvill - Not sure what to think of the aprons, but the rest is right on target – not least the hair. I've said it before and will do it again. If people of today knew how big and controversial an achievement those hair-statements were, they'd be amazed. Every 5 millimeter was a conquest.

That's what I wear when I'm working in the vineyards!

Vineyards, honkeytonks, same diff........

[biggrin]

I saw a picture of David Lee Roth at Madison Square Garden wearing Carhart coveralls.

And don't be dissin' on Diamond Dave.....

=;

Vineyards, honkeytonks, same diff........

[biggrin]

I saw a picture of David Lee Roth at Madison Square Garden wearing Carhart coveralls.

And don't be dissin' on Diamond Dave.....

=;

OMG! I wear Carharrt overalls but it's to sling horse manure on cold days!

Murph, have you seen those videos of Dave doing his old songs to a bluegrass beat? It's not pretty [blink]

Archived