Gibson Brands Forums

Let's not complicate

E-minor7

..............................................................................According to Mister M.'s smile this is all you need.

............................................................SteveMwEverlyBG.jpg a roof over your head, a tub, a Gibson guitar and a G-major -

..............................................................................A good weekend to you all

Is that Steve McQeen? I've never seen that picture before! Playing an Everly Bros. J180. Great! I had a nice Paella and Pinot Grigio for dinner. When I was done, I went back to my Big Head Todd show. He sounded great. Steve McQueen would've liked Big Head Todd. I'm sure of it. Life is good here. Hope it is where you are, too.

Is that Steve McQeen? I've never seen that picture before! Playing an Everly Bros. J180. Great! I had a nice Paella and Pinot Grigio for dinner. When I was done, I went back to my Big Head Todd show. He sounded great. Steve McQueen would've liked Big Head Todd. I'm sure of it. Life is good here. Hope it is where you are, too.

Indeed it is is for me. And Mr. McQueen was one cool dude.

..............................................................................According to Mister M.'s smile this is all you need.

............................................................SteveMwEverlyBG.jpg a roof over your head, a tub, a Gibson guitar and a G-major -

..............................................................................A good weekend to you all

Now that was cool and just what I needed !

[thumbup]

You too E-mnor7,

thats a beaut of a photo, but reminds me of a Leonard Cohen song

You where Marlon Brando..

I was only Steve McQueen

You where that fancy... KY Jelly...

I was ordinary Vasaline

haha never seen Marlon with a Gibson tho [thumbup]

I would have put Steve above Marlon on the "cool meter".

James Dean just below or even with Steve.... maybe Clark Gable inching out Steve, (but not by much).

I can't even think of anyone in their league today.

James Dean just below or even with Steve.... maybe Clark Gable inching out Steve, (but not by much).

Agree 100%. Maybe you have to be of a certain age to appreciate them....

I agree with the above. The "classic" actors/actresses (40's - 60's) had to carry the movie or show with acting. They had to be able to really act, sing & dance if you would be anyone. The story involved you only if you could believe them in the role. Also, most could play different people. Now the new generation (must all be Pepsi people [biggrin]) are so far from delivering believable performances is makes me just turn things off. The most I hear now from movie goers is " those special effects were really cool!" The new ones play the dorks and Dorket's they are in real life. Very narrow and repeated personalities every movie. Not all, as there are, IMHO a select few that are classic or near classic material.

It's like a writer friend hypothesized on with me years ago:

The old comic book writers/artists (40-60's) grew up and learned writing & art from the "classics" and drew from that as their frame of reference. Granted they were still writing comic book stories, but read them and you'll see they were really good. The new comic book writers/artist grew up with comic books as their "classics" and draw from them as their frame of reference. Look what crap they are now in comparison to the 40s-60s comic books!!

I wonder if Steve could play? He sure could ride those motor-sickles though!

Aster

Not even Buc McMaster?

What about this dude

post-33608-089875700 1331339317_thumb.jpg

Archived