Gibson Brands Forums

Bored and doin a poll, how long have you all played guitar??

zachd33

Hi man' date=' for me it's close to 20 years now... and close to 12 proffesionally (before that when I played somewhere, it didn't matter if there were 1 or 1000 people listening, I wasn't getting paid!)[/quote']

sweet, I have been playing for 11 years. Which is almost half my life. I have never played in a band or anything, but would love to once I get really awesome. What kind of music do you play?

A little of everything... with my band and when I am alone' date=' mostly heavy stuff, and hard rock... when playing "for someone" I play anything from pop to salsa... there are of course some genres I will not play.[/quote']

Bullsh*t...

Thunder plays Madonna and Cindy Lauper almost exclusively.

Only about two and a half years for me... I have been playing piano since I was 6 and drums since I was 12 though, so that helps. When most people see me play guitar, they're shocked to find out I've only been playing for 2+ years...

I don't claim to be kick-***, but I can hold my own.

30+ for me. Started in 5th grade by just dinking around on one or two strings. Played my first show for Career Day in 7th grade... Smoke on the Water and Wild Thing was the set list, if I recall.

Ahh... the memories!

I've been 8 years or so. I've only taken it really seriously for about 3. I pretty much wasted the first 5 by just trying to impress chicks and get laid.

Don't be hard on yourself; I think a lot of us started playing for the same reason. =P~

my bad' date=' i just figured after 30 years it didnt really matter where you were at, cause odds are you kick *** at guitar by now.[/quote']

I started at age 12, 45 years ago and I'm still getting my *** kicked by the guitar - although I have managed to get in a few good licks occassionally (pun intended)

Archived