Gibson Brands Forums

Doritos Locos Taco Supreme

cabba2203

Ok, I'm usually not a Taco Bell fan as I like going to real sit down Mexican restaurants but I must say, these Doritos taco shells are the bomb! I hope they start selling them in the store so I can use them when I make tacos at home.

Anybody else digging on the Doritos Locos Tacos?

Blech! Makes me sick just thinking about this. They make that with pink slime too?

Give me a real carne asada taco on a soft corn tortilla.

Gimme both! And don't skimp on the pink slime either!

(Here in LA there's always at least one Mexican taco stand across from every Taco Bell.)

Gimme both! And don't skimp on the pink slime either!

(Here in LA there's always at least one Mexican taco stand across from every Taco Bell.)

We have a ton of taquerias in Chicago too and about two Toxic Hells. Going to Toxic Hell in Chicago is like hitting Panda Express instead of going to Chinatown. Or asking for Aunt Jemimas at a sugar shack in Quebec.

We have a ton of taquerias in Chicago too and about two Toxic Hells. Going to Toxic Hell in Chicago is like hitting Panda Express instead of going to Chinatown. Or asking for Aunt Jemimas at a sugar shack in Quebec.

You guys in Chicago have it pretty good with Mexican food, so does SoCal.

Last time I was in Chicago we made it to Cemitas Puebla by Humboldt Park, it was quite good.

Last time I was in San Diego I ordered so much food at this Mexican place that the guy thought I was ordering an additional dish to go...they had wrapped the second dish I ordered to go.

Ok, I'm usually not a Taco Bell fan as I like going to real sit down Mexican restaurants but I must say, these Doritos taco shells are the bomb! I hope they start selling them in the store so I can use them when I make tacos at home.

Anybody else digging on the Doritos Locos Tacos?

My son talked me into making a T Bizzle run for some of these earlier this week! The drive through line wrapped around the building and I took so long to get back my wife got worried wondering where I was [unsure]

They were pretty good though, pink slime or not [biggrin]

BTW, shouldn't this topic be for the Other Lounge? [flapper]

Sonic tested second highest of the fast food chains for bone meal in the patties a year or so back in a study a local news channel did, it was something like 16% which is about the same amount of bone meal in a average canned dog food. So nope not gonna agree there even in the running for good fast food. Carls Junior supposedly had the best meat tested but why would anyone ever eat in a place like that with Five Brothers and all the other new boutique fast food places available now.

I went to SATCO last year after hearing so much about it but wasn't really impressed living in Arizona mexican food is a staple and we have probably the best in the country, just don't try to get fresh seafood and your good for almost any kind of food here in Phoenix. best taco's and enchilada's ever my wives grandmothers kitchen she is an amazing cook but she probably ads lard to cook bacon so you have to eat within reason.

Here is the funny thing, I grew up in Monterrey Mexico, when I was in high school there was this popular taco place were we would hang out because it was cheap and we could afford it, nice atmosphere too, the food was surprisingly similar the that of SATCO!.

Never been to Arizona but if the Mexican food is anything like that of SoCal you have it good, I have eaten at some places in California that it is truly like being in Mexico other places not so much eventhough they are good.

As for the other border states there is very authentic Mexican food but you have to find it,

Anything with sour cream or cheddar ---> pass,

I have my favorite restaurant here in town that I have been going to since I moved to Nashville 15 years ago, lot of authentic items in the menu but it could be better.

Last time ZZ Top was in town they stopped by, Billy Gibbons talked about the restaurant at the show. He's vegetarian though.

Sonic tested second highest of the fast food chains for bone meal in the patties a year or so back in a study a local news channel did, it was something like 16% which is about the same amount of bone meal in a average canned dog food. So nope not gonna agree there even in the running for good fast food. Carls Junior supposedly had the best meat tested but why would anyone ever eat in a place like that with Five Brothers and all the other new boutique fast food places available now.

I went to SATCO last year after hearing so much about it but wasn't really impressed living in Arizona mexican food is a staple and we have probably the best in the country, just don't try to get fresh seafood and your good for almost any kind of food here in Phoenix. best taco's and enchilada's ever my wives grandmothers kitchen she is an amazing cook but she probably ads lard to cook bacon so you have to eat within reason.

That's why you get the chicken and the onion rings.

Archived