Gibson Brands Forums

House or Apartment?

BluesKing777

House..

When was young lived in an apartment I wonder how neighbors put up with me sceaming Stones,Beatles ,Black Sabbath & Aerosmith songs...in addition to screaming at mom who had an even stronger voice than mine.

Between house moving a couple of years ago we rented an attached garden apartment for 4 months.The dude next door was a real ignorant white dude..we stay up nearly all night and this guy was hastling us about making noise so we whispered most of the night and one of us sat next to the computer

as we watched TV on line to turn down volume during commercials.

I had my Boogie amp on like 1 one day, and this guy knocks on the door at 6 pm to say I ruined his dinner..?..I was like but it doesnt go any lower! I was told that the ignoramous was a hunter & had a rifle in there so we did our 4 months & moved.

I live in Europe ... hence of course its going to be an apartment ... but its a rooftop pad with a big terrace and no neighbours, does that make it a semi house ...? [rolleyes]

i've seen out your window in your cave photos , looks like a very cool place .

how can you have no neighbours in an appartment though ?

Coz we got the entire top floor mate ... just the old geezer a floor below.

i've seen out your window in your cave photos , looks like a very cool place .

how can you have no neighbours in an appartment though ?

My pad is a country farm house set in 4 acres of grass land, surrounded by mature trees for privacy and a large pond / small lake stocked with carp.

In a very rural part of the UK so quite cheap really.

Guitars can be played inside or out, electric or acoustic and at whatever volume I want to as no immediate neighbours.

Only down side is it takes a day to cut the grass [sad]

Now this I like. The idea of cranking the Les Paul and having no neighbours to worry is very appealing ! [thumbup]

My pad is a country farm house set in 4 acres of grass land, surrounded by mature trees for privacy and a large pond / small lake stocked with carp.

In a very rural part of the UK so quite cheap really.

Guitars can be played inside or out, electric or acoustic and at whatever volume I want to as no immediate neighbours.

Only down side is it takes a day to cut the grass [sad]

Not to diver the thread too much, but just be careful there BBG, what we consider normal right now might be considered high soon. I reckon there will be another major crash in the next 12 months that will make house prices fall further.

I hope that I'm wrong though, wouldnt be good for the advertising market ...

renting a (too) small cottage at the minute , but hope to get mortgage sorted in next week or two for a bigger place of our own.

people selling at a normal price again!

Now this I like. The idea of cranking the Les Paul and having no neighbours to worry is very appealing ! [thumbup]

I hate lawnmowers! Can't you get a horse/cow/goat, Madman Greg?

It always was one of my dreams in the earlier years to let the Strat blast away from a house's porch/verandah in the country, but I went to a jam once on a verandah in the middle of nowhere and after everybody did some amp blasting, a local farmer came tearing up the road to get us all to stop - it was upsetting his cows with the possibility of no milk the next day!

So house or apartment or farm - headphones! Possibly a deserted island - long as we don't upset the wildlife...

BluesKing777.

Votes so far:

16 house dwellers, 4 apartment dweller, no 'others'...

Not to diver the thread too much, but just be careful there BBG, what we consider normal right now might be considered high soon. I reckon there will be another major crash in the next 12 months that will make house prices fall further.

I hope that I'm wrong though, wouldnt be good for the advertising market ...

yeah , i know what you're sayin mate .

if it was just to get ourselves on the market i wouldnt move just yet . as you say , good chance it hasnt bottomed out just yet , but we've been keeping a close eye on things and got a house we both adore at a great price .

worth a risk if its a long term house ....

i hope anyway , mortgage payments less than rent so ....

Well I live in a mobile home deep in a valley in Kentucky. No neibors accept for the passing deer and wild turkeys. I figured it would be smart to invest lightly on home costs and buy land pending the housing downfall. . So no complaining neibors for me. Although I think my periodic banjo playing confuses the songbirds sometimes lol.

Here's a pic of my daughter getting ready to mow the lawn and my view from the front porch

a65ced60.jpg

house.........Plenty of room for all the music stuff. Private, quiet. However, I do wish we were more out in the country. Used to have cows and horses in the pastuer that came to our back fence. Now there are houses. [crying]

I have almost the opposite problem, I live in a city centre apartment that backs on to a strip of forest they've never quite developed as yet, my back garden has about 60-70 forest sized trees on it before it hits the forest strip land. I get deer in there quite a bit, the odd fox and martens. I'm a city boy, I must admit I like concrete. Nature's nice when you're out and about or on a postcard but it's a maintenance/clearance cost I could happily live without. I already took 16 of the trees down to give us more space, sadly they were not braz rosewood or highly figured koa so nobody was swooping in to make it a worthwhile operation msp_laugh.gif

I've a robin's nest out the back of the place at the minute, the chicks have been booted out the nest for flight training, so I have these beady little fella's flapping about my terrace as they're not quite ready yet, nightmare when I'm letting two bulldogs out for a quick 'slash'.

Archived