Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L-00 sent broken

Motherofpearl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful, man. I always hate to insult people by instructing them on how to ship, but somewhere in the negotiations I try to establish that the seller knows how to safely move a delicate instrument from A to B. A couple of pieces of foam on either side of the endpin is all that's needed to keep this most vulnerable point from being struck. If it was poorly packed, you'll have to ask the seller to take back or pay to repair. If you have an argument on your hands you'll have to open a case in Ebay's resolution center. I feel your pain.

Hey bud,

I've read scams by ebay buyers. once they received the item they say it's not as described and get a full refund, they then either don't send the goods back or send back a beater. ( I read it on this forum a couple of months back).

So you should be able to get a full refund, cause paypall have the money in a holding account or something, so file a dispute, and good luck.

That sucks, what a disappointment that must have been.

If it's any consolation, if a resolution can't be reached with the eBay seller, that's a pretty straightforward repair for a decent luthier. It could easily be repaired structurally and made cosmetically invisible, so fear not if worst comes to worst.

Lawdy what a flippin' drag. THat case looks like it really took a good bash.

I do not think it is strange though for somebody unfamiliar with shipping guitars to not think about removing the end pin. I have gotten to the point that I actually take the end pins out of my guitars until I need them.

Ya I'm very disappointed! To say the least. What kind of idiot sends a guitar wrapped in a bag. Other than that the guitar sounds great? Wonder what a repair like this will cost and I'll have to find a good luthier. I'll file with eBay and PayPal hopefully there is a resolution

If it is just a crack a repair is no big deal. It looks like the guitar took a pretty good bang so it would be wise to make sure no braces or something were knocked loose.

Braces, and the tail block as well.

Well I filed with eBay see how this one turns out!!

Now just wait to see how p'ssed off the seller gets when he's notified of a case opened by Ebay. When you think of it, with visible damage to the case in line with the area of damage, the carrier might have to share some responsibility for the drop. Has the seller responded yet in any way?

Who knows there are more issues that are minor but disappointing. The pickguard is coming off and it smells of booze or sweaty balls

Man, I don't know what you're drinking that smells like sweaty balls, but I think I'd try drinking something different!! [biggrin]

Pickguard coming off is an easy fix. The sweaty balls.......? Maybe not so easy.

Do you know for certain that the guitar was not like that before he shipped it, for example were there photographs of that area of the guitar and the case included in the listing?

A very pertinent question, but would have had to have been addressed in the initial listing. Even if it had been shipped with damage, you'd have no way of pinning down when the damage was done. Just take it step by step, and file a claim with the PO or UPS/Fedex just to stir things up.

Yes thats where I'm at. I was excited about this one but life goes on I'll find another. Step by step till I get my refund I guess.

Ya it stinks very odd smell like sweat and beer. There's no sign of water damage or anything like that so I Dont know

Yes thats where I'm at. I was excited about this one but life goes on I'll find another. Step by step till I get my refund I guess.

Ya it stinks very odd smell like sweat and beer. There's no sign of water damage or anything like that so I Dont know

Maybe the cat pissed in it. Sounds like the best thing is to get your money back and keep looking. It's not like it's the only one ever made.

I bought a vintage case a couple of years ago that got damaged in shipping, and it broke my heart to send it back. But I didn't buy a busted case, so back it went. In hindsight, it was the right move.

Picker haven't heard a word I wrote him and put in a claim nothing has come back to me yet! I have bought quite a number of guitars off eBay but I'm yet to see a mistake like this. What a disaster a beautiful guitar ruined by carelessness. If it didn't stink and it never got the endpoint smashed it would be wonderful! Thanks for the kind words and I apologize for my language earlier just out of frustration

Archived