Gibson Brands Forums

White or Black custom??

restrain1

Okey guys..

PLEASE let me know ur overall opinion about a white les paul custom and a black les paul custom.

which one would you buy and buy?

and if you already got one why did you prefer it from the other colour?

thank you

Personally???? WHITE... buuuut love the black eusa_wall.gif](*,)

thank you

cant make a choice. please help me

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see... (and this is nothing but my OPINION):

- A 'black beauty' is one of the staple Gibson designs. For Les Pauls, it's up there with the Goldtop and the Cherry Sunburst. All three of those are LEGENDARY WINNERS.

- Black shows EVERYTHING. I personally don't want to polish every ten seconds (and I don't give a **** about how my guitars look...but black looks BAD gunky) so I will never again buy black.

- If I had to choose one personally, I'd probably go with white...BUT...

- ...gold hardware on white looks like tacky 'faux luxury' garbage. So I'd switch it all out to chrome.

- As for as popular icons who play the white Custom, there are only two who stick out in my mind: Randy Rhoads (awesome) and Kevin Jonas (not so awesome)

...have you considered Wine Red or Natural (my personal favorite)?

Black all the way white just seems so Jonas Brother or 12 year old toy guitar. Now 30 years into the future there's nothing quite as pretty as the aged natural caramel color a white guitar gets after decades of play...

Bottom line is what you like but a black Gibson Les Paul is about as iconic as you get in Rock and a white Gibson is well white.

well... guys..

after a lot of thinking and cigarette use i came to this conclusion...

WHITE IT IS...

i know that most of you prefer the black one but i have my own little strange reasons...

1)i always wanted a white guitar

2)i find it more original that the black one

3)i prefer to have a historic black one and not a new one (as they are more beautiful as a relic)

4) i would like to see it in some years getting cream or yellow (as mentioned above, thanx)

5)im in love with it

6)very in love with it...

wish me luck

thanks for all your help!!

George

Archived