Gibson Brands Forums

probably some over kill here

Enmitygauged

61484_10151332777492578_1405248251_n.jpg

It looks like the tutor trying to wrestle the guitar away from him.......

[lol]

I wish someone would throw women at me for my playing. All I ever got was handfuls of change. There are various dents in the front of my Telecaster from it.

You're were lucky they were throwing money at you. It could have been much worse, believe me.....

P.

When I was in the fourth grade (that's Grade Four for our Canadian friends) we were going to do some pantomime/lip sync in class. I tried to sneak my brother's baby blue '66 Fender Mustang to school. It didn't work. Had to use my Kay.

My youngest daughter's class did presentations on famous people who overcame disabilities. She did her presentation on a one Lester Polfus, who overcame a shattered right arm to become kinda handy with a guitar. I let her take my gold top to school to put on display with her presentation.

"I can't believe you let me take that on the bus!"

I trust my kids.

you did right by your kid, and perhaps the other kids don't have a parent that's a musician.

When my son was in 6th grade (he was already pretty competent at playing drums - he started taking lessons in 3rd grade) his school had a yearly lip sync show toward the end of the school year

My kid asked the teacher organizing this if he could play drums with myself and his uncle (Bass player). Teacher agreed...

2nd half of the show starts, curtains open, there we are, my kid behind his butcher block lundwigs, me and my brother inlaw, hook in, and ready to go, as I scan the audience (place is packed) the expression on everyone's faces was something like "OMG, what are these clowns going to do?" (they didn't quite get this was not going to be a lip sync performance)

one of the Teacher's running this announce us, I nod to my son, he counts off and we wail into Bring It On Home. the kid just nailed it, everyone loved it, it was a hoot.

Moral of the story: Get involved, be there for them, before ya know it, those years are gone, and you'll be glad for the memories.

When I was in the fourth grade (that's Grade Four for our Canadian friends)...

I laughed out loud!....

Great stories, ksd and kidblast.

My 8-y-o daughter is learning piano at school and sings in the Choir. I'm hoping she sticks at the piano and can take part in a recital sometime. She's learning the 'proper' way and enjoying it, so fingers crossed.

At the moment the Choir are all doing stuff like '"In the Deep Midwinter", of course, but she astonished her teacher by asking if they couldn't do "Scarborough Fair" instead...lol!

P.

Moral of the story: Get involved, be there for them, before ya know it, those years are gone, and you'll be glad for the memories.

+1 for that, I sometimes forget that and think too much for what I want to do...I remember the few times my father told me I did something good, all the bad times...almost forgot them...

The bored look on the other kids'face ...gheghe, they think darn, I wish I had a cool guitar like that :)

Update the next day 2 fathers were pressured into buying a Squire and an EPI for their kids lol. Yes I think Im hated

And they going to hate You more in the coming one-two years, until the kids learn to play more complicated things than "Smoke on the water". Cheers... Bence

My sons first school concert and he wanted to use one of my guitars. It didnt occur to me the other kids might not have good guitars msp_blushing.gif

oops

Why Drive a Yugo, when you have a 'Vette in the garage....?

I would have GLADLY dug out the big guns had it been my kid.

Kudos on a rockin "Dad moment" that he will always remember and cherish!

Archived