Gibson Brands Forums

I remember when...

daveinspain

Insurance... I keep forgetting to call... learn sumthin here every day. Diversity is good.

Insurance? Need a good one? Here's my recipe: two dogs (one in the garden, the other's inside while I am away), couple of .357s and a Home Defender 20mm riot squad rifle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not feed the trolls!

So yes, guys, do not upset. Boredom and stupidity - can also be a temporary phenomenon as well as interesting.

For example, dear Andy R and Matt almost disappeared from this forum. But if you remember Matt wrote a note that ”have left internet forums, to concentrate on music. Godspeed x”. And Andy R have, it seems, married. It is also important [drool] . By the way, I remembered that my ex-wife was displeased with me because of that I love music more than her. And what to do? [confused]

But now, it seems, I have a new love in NY. She loves music more than my ex-wife :) (I'm afraid to talk about it). And I even have the inspiration to record new music stuff. But unfortunately I cannot do the lyrics in English. And then there's, I cannot quickly buy a new sound card with the new connector PCI express for my new computer for recording. So, guys, enjoy you do not live in Russia :) .

...Although I can't think of a easier place to buy illegal guns!'

Just try to get illegal stuff here... [lol]. The gun laws are insanely strict here, I agree, but mostly they forbid the carrying. Keeping them is a different story.

Sorry for being off-topic...

Cheers... Bence

... So, guys, enjoy you do not live in Russia :) .

I did! It is a wonderful country. Wish I could get back one day, and see how it changed since the 80s. Difficulties are everywhere, just the problems are different.

Cheers... Bence

Privet Valeriy!

Ah sorry! I didn't meant to stear the thread of the topic with guns. I just threw it in as a (stupid) joke. Now I got myself on the troll-list too. [biggrin]

Hope You are doing well...Good luck with Your new partner and composing!

Cheers... Bence

...In short -- Coexist dudes...

I am in complete agreement with the above statement.

I'm also sure that when I first joined I would have been posting in many of the threads under discussion.

After all, it's probably the quickest way to find out the lay of the land as far as existing members goes.

But the phenomenon under discussion here was subtly different. To use KB's words the member responsible wasn't exactly trying to co-exist. He was deliberately taking over......[scared].....lol!

Don't believe me? In case anyone missed it here's a screenshot posted by Rocky4.

Untitled.png

Childish enthusiasm is one thing but World Domination!!!! Mwahhhahahhahh!!!!! is quite another....

[smile]

P.

When someone is pissing on the rug and rubbing **** on the walls you need to give um the bums rush. I was all about live and let live until this clown started bumping all his own topics with comments like "Yea" and "Cool" and "+1" just to make sure all other topics were pushed off the front page.

@ this point i'm wondering who this poster really is...... :huh:

The Artist Formerly Known as Leo1951 is a pretty good bet. The person who said most of the people who bought SG's actually wanted a Les Paul but couldn't afford one.....:lol:

Beyond that?....

Haven't heard anything from our overzealous poster in a while... Did they get banned?

Not as far as we can tell from his profile page but if information on the profile page of his previous name is accurate he is only being allowed limited access under that pseudonym....

Hey; as long as he smartens-up his ideas who cares?

EDIT : Just for fun I had a peek. Although a reputation score of -89 might seem rather a lot [blink] it can be expressed as 36.6 % of his total post count.

His former self, on the other hand, managed an impressive -29 from 48 posts. That works out at 60.4%.

He's actually scoring better this time around - although that's possibly due to his recent threads being zapped.......

P.

The Artist Formerly Known as Leo1951 is a pretty good bet. The person who said most of the people who bought SG's actually wanted a Les Paul but couldn't afford one.....:lol:

Beyond that?....

Not as far as we can tell from his profile page but if information on the profile page of his previous name is accurate he is only being allowed limited access under that pseudonym....

Hey; as long as he smartens-up his ideas who cares?

EDIT : Just for fun I had a peek. Although a reputation score of -89 might seem rather a lot [blink] it can be expressed as 36.6 % of his total post count.

His former self, on the other hand, managed an impressive -29 from 48 posts. That works out at 60.4%.

He's actually scoring better this time around - although that's possibly due to his recent threads being zapped.......

P.

Good memory!

I looked it up, and I think you are right. The subjects are the same. I.e., Kramer guitars and Epi doubleneck.

Looking at his content from his previous profile, I don't see why he would have such a negative rep. And beyond that, I don't see why he would have been put on limited access.

...Looking at his content from his previous profile, I don't see why he would have such a negative rep. And beyond that, I don't see why he would have been put on limited access...

Ah, well; from what I remember there were many posts of his back then - as now - which were taken down.

You wouldn't, therefore, have been able to find the ones which caused the most 'interest', shall we say?

[wink]

P.

Ah, well; from what I remember there were many posts of his back then - as now - which were taken down.

You wouldn't, therefore, have been able to find the ones which caused the most 'interest', shall we say?

[wink]

P.

Ah, makes sense.

On his 'new' account, I think the threads are still there, they just aren't on the front page like they were. I am not sure there were any deleted. Not sure if the mods actually took them OFF the page, or if poeple stopped posting.

The Artist Formerly Known as Leo1951 is a pretty good bet.

Yes that is who I thought it was too.....made some truly nasty comments (which were removed) a few weeks ago.

Think his latest were removed when he started bumping 'em all up.

And Searcy is right! (IMO)

Valeriy.... Bense...

Two points on how I see Russia and the countries of the former Soviet bloc.

1. Very much talent we very seldom have been able to see in the west. Also often hidden behind politics, but still a potential I believe will play an increasing role in music. Perhaps at some time also in musical instruments such as guitar, both electric and acoustic.

2. I don't know about Hungary, but I think Russia has the same problem as the U.S., perhaps more: We have big cities with one sort of culture and we have rural areas with much different culture. In terms of politics - gun laws are a big thing, but so are many other laws. Guns just make the difference very obvious.

.... In terms of music, it is very good to add those different cultures into a musical mixture. You may not see it "big" in one song or with one band, but I believe it gives an overall flavor to national music. Today it also gives overall flavor to all "popular" music.

Also... girl/boyfriends and music: I think for a couple to be successful long-term in a relationship they need to have long talks about their futures and hopes. Too often when we are young, we talk about short time. In the short time, the non-musician or non "hope" person can see the competition for their time and personal good feelings. If we talk the long term, I think that is not so important. When we are young - perhaps under 50 or so - our hormones sometimes are more powerful than our brains.

I think also that often both men and women musicians will stop playing when they are making a nest like birds. When the nest is empty they often return to music. I think that is sad, but true.

In my own life, all but one of the women in it have either been guitarists/vocalists or understood my passion for music. In the one case, it was a very unfortunate thing for both of us. In the other cases, I think the long-term or short-term feeling was brought by other factors.

In all cases... I think young people taking those close relationships to "the next step" should talk more from their hearts about who and what they are. I don't care if you are Russian, American, Chinese or Argentine... It is too often the unspoken goals and feelings that put up fences between lovers.

Lounge members are here, most of us, not just because we play guitar, but because we have an inside passion of music that other lounge members strengthen. It's not just "how do I play better" or "what kind of guitar," but more, "how do I relate this music inside to the world around me."

When we get away from that, the Lounge begins to have difficulty.

m

Milod,many of our bands in Russia hardly could be successful in the West. Very low culture of vocals, for example and in respect of their music too. But maybe in further the development of recording technology on the basis of the computer will allow composers to work successfully and to record quite good at home.

Archived