Gibson Brands Forums

It's Time For A Break

kaleb

I gotta get outta here for a while. Join another forum.

It's not because of RS telling me KISS sucks, or the whole embarrassment that is my KISS petition thread, it's because of the mere fact that it is a bore around here these days.

Sorry, but it's true. It's dead right now.

Dude:

If I could link, I'd link what I said last time...yada yada.

It went something like this...Forums need a KISS fanboy, and you're it. Somebodies gotta do it. Yada Yada.

Yea, it's dead. Can't argue that. But it's a forum. If it's too boring, the solution isn't another forum. Forums are supposed to be boring. To relax. Take it easy. Have a smoke.

If you want to leave us to get a life, that's cool. I won't be jealous. Maybe a little. But I'd be hurt if you left for another forum.

<br />Dude:<br /><br />If I could link, I'd link what I said last time...yada yada.<br /><br />It went something like this...Forums need a KISS fanboy, and you're it. Somebodies gotta do it. Yada Yada. <br /><br />Yea, it's dead. Can't argue that. But it's a forum. If it's too boring, the solution isn't another forum. Forums are supposed to be boring. To relax. Take it easy. Have a smoke. <br /><br />If you want to leave us to get a life, that's cool. I won't be jealous. Maybe a little. But I'd be hurt if you left for another forum.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You do have a KISS fanboy! It's KISSGUY1 (or STARCHILD, which is his name now)!

I'm far from a fanboy. What fan boy won't go see them live anymore? What fanboy doesn't express interest in 75% of their merch? I'm just a passionate fan, all KISS fans are.

Well, I won't leave. I should join another forum though.

Uh...nice to have you back Mr K? I always read your posts although I have to speed-scan the ones about K*** as they get a bit intense for me. When I was teaching guitar I did once work out some V Vincent (he had big hair) Invasion stuff for a pupil - insanely fast, and a little sloppy.

Variety is the spice of life etc and this forum benefits from that - your posts and 'throwdowns' are part of it, whatever anyone else may say. It would far less fun without your opinions.

Regards!

All the greatest acts make comebacks eventually. Often several times over..........

True; they don't usually announce their 'Comeback' 20 hours after announcing they are calling it a day, but we, the Public, are always the ones who lose out by their absence.

WELCOME BACK, KALEB!

[thumbup]

P.

All the greatest acts make comebacks eventually. Often several times over..........

True; they don't usually announce their 'Comeback' 20 hours after announcing they are calling it a day, but we, the Public, are always the ones who lose out by their absence.

[thumbup]

P.

Apart from the Rolling Stones of course :P But they normally do it within 10 hours :)

I gotta get outta here for a while.

Don't take too long Kaleb, or you may come back only to find that a certain Mr. Thayer has assumed your persona. [scared]

Seriously, when you come back be sure to post some classic Kiss clips.

Here's one for you for now (wait for Ace's little extended solo- you know the little piece that fades out at the end of Let me Know on the first album)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC4qmoqNULI

Don't take too long Kaleb, or you may come back only to find that a certain Mr. Thayer has assumed your persona. [scared]

Seriously, when you come back be sure to post some classic Kiss clips.

Here's one for you for now (wait for Ace's little extended solo- you know the little piece that fades out at the end of Let me Know on the first album)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC4qmoqNULI

Not to brag, but I know this stuff like the back of my hand. The thing that I love about Ace's solos is that they stick with ya'. All of his old solos fit the songs perfectly. I'm not an expert on all things KISS (well, maybe), but I know most of the old stuff. I could easily do what Thayer does (again, not to brag, but I'm a better Ace clone than he is), but I would have the respect to turn that offer down if it ever came my way. Actually, after giving it some thought, I can live with them using the makeup on him and Eric but to call them Spaceman and Catman (they should be spin-offs....Space Boy and The Cat. That sounds like a good movie title...) is stretching it, as is making them move just like them and play the licks note for note (not to mention having Tommy singing "Shock Me" when he's got two perfectly good songs of his own. It's very insulting as fan that the first tour he did "Shock Me" was the Sonic Boom tour...). Plus, both he and Eric have the same hairdos that Ace and Peter had in the 70s.....My point? They can keep the characters, but at least change it up a little...They don't own Ace's stagger (they even have him doing the thumbs-up now..)....Or Peter's gum-chewing...And for God's sake CHANGE THE DAMN SETLIST! Aerosmith did it on their most recent tour. Rush is doing it right now. The present-day KISS show is just too mundane. I still think Paul needs to shorten up his banter....

I should sue Tommy! I didn't sign over my rights!

Archived