Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

I have been working on recording lately. I used to mic the guitar, plug the guitar into the recorder and use a vocal mic all up close to the source. Lately though I have been trying for more natural sounding recordings with more openness and space. So I have switched to just a large condenser mic up head high for vocal and one lower for guitar, both about 2 feet away from the source. I am liking the results better. Less control of bleed and volumes so it needs to be set up right up front.

Oh well here is "The Train Carrying Jimmie Rogers Home". It is a Greg Brown song I learned from my friend and longtime Gibson Forum member Pschaafs before he passed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qMp5J8Js0k

Sal - Your Wildfire song Is good - I liked it with the pick, and this way with the fingers too. Fun to play and sing your own songs! You must have near an entire set by now. That's a very good thing. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

I wished I had half the talent some of you had on here. I have only been playing for a while, at 51 I don't know how much I can gather skill wise, but Im trying.

I put this together today in Garageband with my Gibson and some soft tele in the background. This is still a big learning curve for me recording and mixing.

I have been working on recording lately. I used to mic the guitar, plug the guitar into the recorder and use a vocal mic all up close to the source. Lately though I have been trying for more natural sounding recordings with more openness and space. So I have switched to just a large condenser mic up head high for vocal and one lower for guitar, both about 2 feet away from the source. I am liking the results better. Less control of bleed and volumes so it needs to be set up right up front.

Oh well here is "The Train Carrying Jimmie Rogers Home". It is a Greg Brown song I learned from my friend and longtime Gibson Forum member Pschaafs before he passed.

That was a nice sound. Is that the Ditson? Wow, talk about projection ! I like this setup. Have you tried anything similar in a live setting?

I wished I had half the talent some of you had on here. I have only been playing for a while, at 51 I don't know how much I can gather skill wise, but Im trying.

I put this together today in Garageband with my Gibson and some soft tele in the background. This is still a big learning curve for me recording and mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/misterk201/would-these-arms-be-in-your-way/s-9HVRb

Ok, no need for apologies, especially with something this "blow me away" good. Voice, playing, its all very very good. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

1424035365[/url]' post='1629142']

https://soundcloud.c...our-way/s-9HVRb

Your voice is golden, the guitar is awesome, and you should be dang proud. The only thing that can make this cd worthy is the drum track... It is synced about a millisecond early in each measure... To my ear. Or maybe it is just me.

Regardless, that is an easy fix, and your stuff is tops. Wish I had your easy voice.

Your voice is golden, the guitar is awesome, and you should be dang proud. The only thing that can make this cd worthy is the drum track... It is synced about a millisecond early in each measure... To my ear. Or maybe it is just me.

Regardless, that is an easy fix, and your stuff is tops. Wish I had your easy voice.

I'm still trying to get the drum track down.

That was a nice sound. Is that the Ditson? Wow, talk about projection ! I like this setup. Have you tried anything similar in a live setting?

Thanks so much for watching! Yes that is the Ditson 111 and it is a real cannon which seems to contradict the 12 fret slot head look. This is by far the best guitar I have ever played and while sweet and smooth it is really loud also.

I don't really play live...only acoustic with a few friends so I haven't used this set up as a stage set up. I am really happy with it for recording...has a fairly natural sound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fellow guitarists-

Here's a fun acoustic guitar solo instrumental and arrangement of mine of Ray Lynch's "Celestial Soda Pop" that I just posted on YouTube. The guitar I am playing in the audio of the video is my 1965 Gibson LG-1. In the photo animated enhanced photos throughout the video you'll see me playing various animated versions of instruments from my collection including my Gibson 1964 Custom Shop J45, Gibson 1972 SJ Deluxe, 1956 NY Epiphone FT79, 1994 Gibson Gospel Reissue, a metal Regal Dobro, aa lap Regal Dobro, a 50s Silvertone, and a 1965 Gibson ES125TC. (Note: I didn't have any readily available photos of the LG-1 to work with in the video, but the audio sound is all the LG-1 with no effects or sound editing.)

Hope you enjoy!

Any feedback of any kind, as always, is appreciated!

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...