Gibson Brands Forums

Genre you play?

Silenced Fred

These days, heavy blues-rock in the vein of Mark II Deep Purple, Cream, AC/DC, Cactus, The Allman Brothers Band, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, '70s-era Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin, and groovy, stoner rock and doom metal in the vein of Clutch, Ozzy-era Sabbath, The Sword, Priestess, Early Man, Wolfmother, Karma To Burn, Orange Goblin, Slo-Burn, Kyuss, Fu Manchu and Sleep. Proto-metal and classic heavy metal of all degrees, i.e. Scorpions, Buffalo, Budgie, Humble Pie, Alice Cooper, Mountain, Grand Funk Railroad, and Blue Oyster Cult. Some NWOBHM, like Motorhead, Judas Priest, Diamond Head, Angel Witch, Witchfinder General, Jaguar, Iron Maiden, Saxon and Tank. Some alt stuff, like Acid Bath, Primus, Mr. Bungle, moe., Phish, and Helmet. A little bit of hair metal here and there, some Poison, KISS, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Ratt and Hanoi Rocks. Hey...a lot of that stuff is fun to play.

I'm pretty eclectic. A few months back I mainly did folk-blues stuff.

These days, heavy blues-rock in the vein of Mark II Deep Purple, Cream, AC/DC, Cactus, The Allman Brothers Band, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, '70s-era Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin, and groovy, stoner rock and doom metal in the vein of Clutch, Ozzy-era Sabbath, The Sword, Priestess, Early Man, Wolfmother, Karma To Burn, Orange Goblin, Slo-Burn, Kyuss, Fu Manchu and Sleep. Proto-metal and classic heavy metal of all degrees, i.e. Scorpions, Buffalo, Budgie, Humble Pie, Alice Cooper, Mountain, Grand Funk Railroad, and Blue Oyster Cult. Some NWOBHM, like Motorhead, Judas Priest, Diamond Head, Angel Witch, Witchfinder General, Jaguar, Iron Maiden, Saxon and Tank. Some alt stuff, like Acid Bath, Primus, Mr. Bungle, moe., Phish, and Helmet. A little bit of hair metal here and there, some Poison, KISS, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Ratt and Hanoi Rocks. Hey...a lot of that stuff is fun to play.

I'm pretty eclectic. A few months back I mainly did folk-blues stuff.

You like The Sword? I cant stand them for some reason, why do you dig em?

Oh and i play the guitar. :P

I play a fair amount of metal, as I lay dying(great band check em out if you like metal),all that remains. I play alot of worship music because I play at my church.I also play alot of lynyrd skynyrd. I play like older rock like nirvana,pearl jam,audioslave,creed,etc. ohh ya, Buckethead!!!! [biggrin]

Most of the riffs I play are rock or metal but most of the solo's I write tend to be blues rock. Joe bonamassa/clapton style. Tends to give my songs a distinct difference to most others because I'll play a rock song and then a bluesy solo. Sounds pretty cool though :)

Archived