Gibson Brands Forums

I'm An Adult As Of Today............................

Tman5293

Today is my birthday and now I'm 18 which means I'm officially an adult. Now all I have to do is go renew my divers license, register to vote, and sign up for the selective service. msp_biggrin.gif

Man... to be 18 again....... When I turned 18, (back when people lived in caves), I worried about the draft....up until the time I got my draft notice!

Then, don't ya know, I didn't worry about that anymore..... I was more interested in making sure I stood where the VC wasn't shooting!

You can do most Adult thing except for one and that's drinking alcohol you 3 more years to go on that. But congrats any how.

You know I NEVER got that....

Die for your country? go right ahead....

But Noooooo Booze.....

:blink:

And Mister lemme tell ya there ain't enough money in the world to pay me to be that insane again.....

Been There...Done That....got lots of great "war stories".

Oh, and Happy Birthday Tman! Live it like Ya stole it!

I couldn't vote until 21. The booze thing came in and went out rapidly when the feds decided they didn't like the idea of drinking to go along with voting at 18. I still don't get it either.

New York State used to be 18 liquor, and a few others. Where I lived you could get beer but not hard stuff at 18 or 19. After the above change in voting age and then the national "oh, you can't!" it went 21 like everywhere else.

OTOH, back in the old days, if you were in a small town and were known... especially if it had a German background? There was no drinking age in the bars, regardless what the law said. Now? Hey, everybody gotta follow the law or else...

Happy Birthday! Unlike some here, though, I think I'd not care to return to that age. 28 was a lot more fun.

I'll say this, though, you "kids" on here do very well in this company, even to me at nearly 4 times your age. It speaks well for you.

m

HB to ya!

For most folks, it's great up to 40 then you start seeing one system failure after another until you eventually just freakin' die. At 52, that's the phase I am in now despite that I used to swim 2 miles a week, lifted light weights, did yoga 3 days a week, didn't drink except an occasional glass of wine with dinner or a beer in the summer, and tried to eat right and maintained body fat in the low teens. [crying][cursing]

So, hey, my advice?

When 39 arrives, take the other fork in the road, drink heavily, do massive ammounts of drugs, eat junk food, sit on your butt, and play your guitars. [thumbup][sneaky]

Happy Birthday and welcome to manhood. It's all downhill from here.

Bull pucky. I just signed up for Medicare, that means I'm 65, and I can say that it doesn't go downhill, it just gets better and better.

Congtrats and enjoy your life to its fullest.

Happy birthday man.

On the other note, I think the drinking age is flat-out age discrimination. If an 18-year old adult, tax-paying citizen can be legally drafted, serve jury duty, be tried in the court of law, and are subject to all the other community aspects of being an adult, they should also have the right to drink a goddamn beer in a bar. If 18 year olds are not mature enough to consume alcohol, then they sure as hell aren't mature enough to dodge bullets either, don't you think?

Only in the USA.....

You can't have your cake and eat it-- except the government can.

Happy birthday - when I was 18 that was the big birthday Draft registration, Drinking age, ability to sign contracts. Now at 18 you kids kind of get the short end of the stick all means now is you can vote, get arrested for statutory rape if you sleep with anyone under 18 and go to jail all by yourself with nobody talking to your parents.

But have fun! and the fact that your 18 sure explains allot about your posts.

BTW...

Satchel Paige used to ask, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"

Never get old until you're ready to croak. Your taste will change, you'll mature in music and other arts from foods you prefer to music you like.

But if you approach new ideas, people and places with a childlike openness (not naivety, but an open mind to understand each on its own basis), there's no need to be old regardless of creases on your face and pains in your knees. In fact, sometimes I think some of the most frozen-minded folks are between 14 and 34...

m

I think it is great you are 18, and a heartfelt HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

Really, while it doesn't seem you get much benefit turning 18, what it means is that you are now responsible and accountable for what you do.

That technically is called being a man. Welcome to manhood. May it treat you good and may you treat it good. You seem up to it.

Today is my birthday and now I'm 18 which means I'm officially an adult. Now all I have to do is go renew my drivers license, register to vote, and sign up for the selective service. msp_biggrin.gif

If I knew what I know now when I was 18 it would have to be against the law ! [cursing]

Archived